Vodaphone dongle 'internet explorer cannot display page'

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Johns_Cross_Motorhomes, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

After a while using Vodaphone dongle it was reluctant to display pages for some unknown reason, it would not refresh either, I thought it was my laptop, then that kept cutting out, traced eventually to overheating as the fan was playing up, now cured.

In the meanime I was using a note book and that kept doing the same thing on the dongle, rebooting cured it but thats time consuming and a pain.

Just discovered that if I just disconected from the dongle and reconnected, everything works fine again.

I am in a very good signal area so its not that, might be usefull to try if you get the same problem

Peter

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

We find the same thing happening or it will disconnect on its own. On 3G we do not have a problem but on GPRS it can be a right pain.

We find that if we just disconect and remove the dongle give it a couple of minutes and put the dongle back in, it fires up again with no problems. I now do not close down any pages as I can resume the session at the point I was at before the problem.

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I think the same thing can happen with all providers in borderline signal areas. My T-Mobile SIM used to drop from 3G to GPRS at times. The "3" one sometimes does as well between page accesses but it automatically "picks itself up" when I click the mouse for another page.

Graham