Vodafone Scrapping Roaming Charges (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We are both with EE and haven`t paid for roaming for a couple of years, calls and txts free from any eu country.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We are both with EE and haven`t paid for roaming for a couple of years, calls and txts free from any eu country.

Agreed, but what about data?
I get 10gb at home but only allowed 2gb when roaming which is when I need it most.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We also get 2gb when abroad but have never struggled as almost everywhere we have been you can get free wi-fi.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
We are with EE too and get exactly what we get at home when in any EU country. All calls to land lines unlimited and 20G data per month. Also, unlike Three, we can not only call the UK when in other EU countries but can also call any other EU country whilst there.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We are with EE too and get exactly what we get at home when in any EU country. All calls to land lines unlimited and 20G data per month. Also, unlike Three, we can not only call the UK when in other EU countries but can also call any other EU country whilst there.
I assume that is 20Gb of data on the phone but can you use the phone as a hotspot for tethering other devices to it? I guess what we don't know yet is whether the cancellation of roaming charges will apply only to phones and data cards in MiFis might still be restricted.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
I assume that is 20Gb of data on the phone but can you use the phone as a hotspot for tethering other devices to it? I guess what we don't know yet is whether the cancellation of roaming charges will apply only to phones and data cards in MiFis might still be restricted.

Yes you can!

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes you can!
That's very useful to know, thank you. When I looked at EE a year or so ago they had quite high daily charges for using a phone in Europe. I can't remember what it was but it was a lot higher than the £1.99 a day O2 charge me.

Deleted User
Thought that Vodafone had scrapped roaming charges last May. (2016) ..

A few weeks ago when I looked to upgrade most plans were offering 500Mb of roaming data but now the roaming data is the same as your plan on most.

Whilst on the subject of Vodafone I found out when trying to upgrade that the administration of my Vodafone account had been transferred to some organisation called 'One Com', which meant that I could not upgrade or even communicate with Vodafone direct but had to deal with someone on the phone and could not even arrange for pickup in a Vodafone shop. To say I was displeased would be somewhat of an understatement and eventually the telesales person became aware of this:D.

This arrangement was agreed to over the phone by my son, to revert back so that I can buy Vodafone products on line and buy in their shops requires a letter(no postal address provided) or a signed email, which for me is not a simple procedure and then wait six days to be asked to confirm and then wait a month for the change......definitely not best pleased(n)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
A few weeks ago when I looked to upgrade most plans were offering 500Mb of roaming data but now the roaming data is the same as your plan on most.

Whilst on the subject of Vodafone I found out when trying to upgrade that the administration of my Vodafone account had been transferred to some organisation called 'One Com', which meant that I could not upgrade or even communicate with Vodafone direct but had to deal with someone on the phone and could not even arrange for pickup in a Vodafone shop. To say I was displeased would be somewhat of an understatement and eventually the telesales person became aware of this:D.

This arrangement was agreed to over the phone by my son, to revert back so that I can buy Vodafone products on line and buy in their shops requires a letter(no postal address provided) or a signed email, which for me is not a simple procedure and then wait six days to be asked to confirm and then wait a month for the change......definitely not best pleased(n)
Kicked Vodafone into touch a long time ago .. Been with 02 now for 5 years. Probably the best of the worst ...

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990

Sorry, forgot to mention, unlimited calls to mobiles as well!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back