Vodafone data sim activation Portugal (1 Viewer)

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I have not had to use my mifi since being in Portugal, wifi and dish has been fine but am on the road for a few days so thought I'd see the mifi up ready.

Brought a Vodafone data sim but now realised I should have asked for it to be activated. Can't translate the portugeese website enough to work out how to do it.

How do I activate if please

I'm going to be using it in a unlocked netgear mifi.

Thanks in advance

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Why do you think it needed to be activated?
Have you tried it in your MIFI?

You may find that the simcard has a password which needs to be entered when first using

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
There will be a 4 digit pin to be entered to activate it. You will need to connect to your mifi, open a browser and log in using its IP that should be something like 192.168.?.? (It will be in your mifi literature). You will find the pin printed on the card that you pressed the sim out of. Alternatively pop it into your smartphone and use that to enter pin. Then put it into your mifi.

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Either go to a Vodaphone shop most staff speak English and they will do it or try one of the independant phone shops some speak good English and will probably be able to help for a fee or tell you who can help

OP
OP
shawn&emma
Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
@Robert Clark @Glandwr @maxi77
Thanks for the help I hadn't used the Mifi since January 2015 so it needed updating. Couldnt understand why it keep finding a signal but not connecting. Just presumed that it needed activating.

All well now, just got to get used to the speed, we normally get around 5-6mbps from our dish but speedtest results from the mifi show around 20mbps. Only thing is we'll use the 4gb quicker as we can search more lol.

Thanks again.
Shawn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back