freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i have just had to call vodafone regards my contract and while on the phone i queried why my account showed i had 5120mb of data to use when i am on a 500mb package , apparently the 500mb is for downloads of music ,video and the like and i have unlimited surfing with a fair use policy of 5120mb,

i have been using a separate sim in a mifi for conecting to the internet with my laptop when away but will now use my smart phone as a wifi hot spot and use my phone sim saving me some money .

vodafone also do an app called my vodafone that shows minuets used , text sent , date usage and how much your bill is , i have loaded this to keep tabs on my data usage now

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
just passed the info on to SWMBO

Thanks for the link info... have passed it on to SWMBO so she can put it on her IPHON .. we have a monthly account with Vodaphone without a phone.. but it has a limit to down loads like you.. this way we can see the state of play.

Thanks

Bob

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I hve downloaded that app for vodafone but dont find it very accurate, it showed lastmonth thta I had 137mb left but when I went online to check my bill it said the usage was more than that and I had less to use than the app told me so I could have easily gone over my alllowance. I also have 500mb a month and use it all on my phone as I have a 3 contract to run until May next year for my laptop.
I only went with vodafone to get the data traveller for abroad for £10 a month but they have stopped that now unless you are on a contract of £40 a month or more, I am on £15 and find it ample for my use, so I am looking for another way of getting internet abroad except when I can get wifi.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have a Vodafone contract but i dont trust them at all.

I have had loads of account queries which always ended up as being down to their "errors".

I went to Belguim at the weekend and following the texts to welcome me to France, then another to welcome me to Belguim they sent me another confirming I had "started using data" and my account had been charged £2.

The phone hadnt left my pocket.

I know about roaming fees etc but had forgotten to disable my phone.:Doh:

OP
OP
F

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i have been with them for about 7 years and in all that time only had 2 problems,so i can not complain , i am also using there broadband at home for the last 5 years and only pay £25 for line rental , unlimited broadband and all phone calls 24x7 free upto an hour , you have to have a contract with them, but you will not get a package cheaper anywhere else

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back