Feb 21, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
April 2012
Hi all

Have been looking seriously for about a year to buy a motorhome with hubby and a week ago bought our first, Swift Sundance 630G. Very spacious inside, just right for the 2 of us and our 2 Jack Russell dogs and plan to tour UK/Scotland this year and France next. Bought the van privately and has just done over 5,300 miles, is in really good condition for its year 2006. However, upon cleaning inside the large garage under the bed hubby has noticed a hole in the rear corner and upon further inspection believe it to be the dreaded damp/water ingress!!! Urghhhh. Before he starts stripping away the back end of the van which he has threatened to do, has anyone else had this problem?:Sad:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi :welcome: to fun. :thumb:

That's really low mileage, its a shame about the damp. :Sad:

We had a Swift Kontiki and never had any problems with ours, but that was a 97 reg, but I know someone with a 2005 kontiki that had to get the floor repaired, and seen a few with trouble in the step area with the sundance, but someone will be along and give advice if they had the same problem. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi and welcome. rough luck with the possible damp. check the swift warrenty i think its 6 years you may just sneek in???:thumb:. to state the obvious find the source before effecting too many repairs or you may either get a recurrewnce or make matters worse. also, if you are able to find the source it might reduce the amount of work needed.:Eeek: might be worth getting an estimate!! from a friendly repairer as a guide.:Blush: hope all goes well:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and :welcome: to you both!

There is so much help available on here.......many experts with loads of advice:thumb:
Really hope that you will get it all sorted out pretty soon:thumb:
Bill & Margaret

greggzy001

Free Member
Sep 17, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Busybee, welcome to the fun. Sorry to hear about your damp problem and I know very well that finding it can put a 'dampers' (sorry) on receiving your MH:cry:. I was in exactly the same situation when I purcased our 95 Kontikki just last September. I thought our damp was confined to a relatively small area but when starting to strip away, this damp area was far bigger than I had imagined and ended up completely behind the kitchenette area so all had to be stripped out, dried and rebuilt. This kept me busy over the winter period and I finally finished the repair in Feb 2012!

A diy repair is possible if You/your partner are keen (and competent) diyers and you ensure that the wall/area is completely dry before rebuilding

There is loads of information, step by step guides and suppliers of the adhesives/wallboards etc listed here:
http://www.1carpc.co.uk/wcdr/favorites.htm

and if you join the Swift talk forum, you will get assistance from the Swift Tech guys. They even e-mailed me the blue prints of my van to assist with the rebuild. My van is obviously an older model but they were very helpful. :clap:

Image of our 'small' problem is attached!

Good luck!
Gregg

Attachments

• IMG-20111106-00440.jpg
    IMG-20111106-00440.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 33

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries