virgin camper

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sowden, Feb 7, 2010.

1. sowden

sowden Read Only Funster

hello everyone
    iv just brought a benimar 6000st aero lhd in the uk and will be bringing it back home to spain next month can anyone tell me whats the best way to get discount on the ferry ie join caravan club thanks dave

2. wasp

wasp Funster

Hi and WELCOME I would check all the relevant ferry companies on the internet you never know there are bargains out there. Cheers Rob:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

3. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Welcome to the fun. Enjoy.

4. trevosky

trevosky Read Only Funster

Hi Dave,welcome to the fun ime sure someone with more knowledge on ferries will come along soon and give you some sound advice.Nice choice of van i hope you get plenty of use out of it,all the best trev and sue:Rofl1::thumb:

5. trevosky

trevosky Read Only Funster

Hi again Dave, i have been thinking that if you actually live in Spain the cost of joining one of the clubs (if they could help with discounts anyway) probably wouldnt be worth it,i see your in Badajoz ime near Antequera so if ever your in the area pm me and perhaps meet up for a bevvy all the best TrevandSue:thumb:

6. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome
    More information needed

The main one being travelling from which port as it makes a big difference:thumb:

7. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Don't both joining one of the clubs, the savings would be minscule, if at all.

Assuming you're talking about the 'short' Dover/Calais or Dover/Dunquerque crossings, the best bet is to have a good mooch round on the websites of the various companies and see what you can come up with, you can get a single crossing for as little as £12.50 if you time it right (can't rmember who that was with though!) - this was based on our van, a Rimor which is just over 7m long.

It might also be an idea to have a search of the internet for voucher codes too, I did this last year at short notice (2 days before holiday we decided to go abroad due to atrocious weather here) and I found a code that gave me 10% off!

Just a thought - do you get Tesco Clubcard vouchers? If so, you can exchange them for Eurotunnel deals vouchers, you get 4x face value on them which can make the crossing around £16.50 in vouchers!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  8. sowden

sowden Read Only Funster

discounts

we were thinking of the portsmouth to bilbao or santander .its a long drive through france and i have to be back at work plus im the only driver till i can get it downrated to 3500 kg, and no tesco points as there not over here in spain mores the pitty
    dave

9. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

Vergin Camper, I thought it was Richard Branson :Rofl1:

:welcomefunster:

We bought out van is Spain and brought it the other way, we did Santander to Plymouth