Villasol lecce costs (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Trying to get a feel for my electricity cost at Villasol and would appreciate input from others currently :) on site, or who have stayed very recently.

After 10 days usage I find i have used €20.00 of leccy which I find very high. We have fridge running 24/7 and moderate use of T.V. and Kettle.
Guy in reception says this is about average for site, €2.00 per day, with some being higher (heating) and some lower (solar panel).

Two years ago we overwintered in Albir and our usage was about €30.00 a month although rate was 30 cents a KW.
So our lecce costs will now be about €60.00 a month which is quite an increase.

I've checked the reading which are correct and do have the option of changing from lecce to gas for the fridge and using my solar panel.....(but cant be arsed to be honest!)

So! I thought I would send out a feeler to see what the norm is.....if such a thing exists.

Nice morning today.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Trying to get a feel for my electricity cost at Villasol and would appreciate input from others currently :) on site, or who have stayed very recently.

After 10 days usage I find i have used €20.00 of leccy which I find very high. We have fridge running 24/7 and moderate use of T.V. and Kettle.
Guy in reception says this is about average for site, €2.00 per day, with some being higher (heating) and some lower (solar panel).

Two years ago we overwintered in Albir and our usage was about €30.00 a month although rate was 30 cents a KW.
So our lecce costs will now be about €60.00 a month which is quite an increase.

I've checked the reading which are correct and do have the option of changing from lecce to gas for the fridge and using my solar panel.....(but cant be arsed to be honest!)

So! I thought I would send out a feeler to see what the norm is.....if such a thing exists.

Nice morning today.

SOUNDS HIGH, I PAY LESS THAN THAT FOR EVERYTHING AT HOME. BUSBY:roflmto::roflmto:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Your fridge will eat electricity...:cry:

Far better and uses only a bit of on "Gas".. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Is electric not in with your rate. Smudger and myself are running everything on electric including heating, cooking, fridge, TV, kettle, coffee machine. I have 2 fridges on the go and Smudger has his washing machine running. All in rate.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have been here at Villasol since mid December. SWMBO advises me that we are using 3 units of leccy per week. We are running our fridge, heating and kettle on gas and will soon need to buy another 11kg cylinder which costs €17.
As Mo has said, your fridge is the greatest user of leccy.

Brisey.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
The figures are right, with electric not being in your pitch price. At 2€/day you must be using about 5kWh/day, for a unit price of 0.41€, which doesn't sound too outrageous. That's your consumption I mean, not what you're paying.

It must be a popular site if people are prepared to pay over 21€/day for a pitch and extra for power. We are paying 18€ for very similar facilities! with 4kWh/ day included.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
My fridge uses 125 W an hour on 230/240 volts so I calculate that as being 3KW per 24H period equating to €1.2 per day. sounds about right! so have botherd my arse and fridge now on gas.
Now to find cheap refill bottle.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We averaged out at €1.50 per night but we found we were using 3kw over 24hr with the fridge and hardly any when we switched it off ,

we used elec kettle , ramoska and 2kw fan heater occasionly ,

the fridge is the culprit , you could switch it off at night or as we did used gas , :Smile

as said we only average £20 a month per year at home for leccy .

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we use just over 4kw a day @ 40cents a kw, we have the fridge in the caravan and sometimes the fridge in the camper, vacuum cleaner every over day, the spin dryer every over day, some microwave / remoska laptop and netbook and all the technology that Jane charges on 240v.

The heating and hob / oven / kettle on gas and a butane bottle lasts 3 weeks @ €17. 50 I should add we are long term, so we live as we did at home, and Jane uses the oven for baking ect. :thumb:
Tv and sat box wifi router all on 12v.::bigsmile:

::bigsmile: Bob.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
The figures are right, with electric not being in your pitch price. At 2€/day you must be using about 5kWh/day, for a unit price of 0.41€, which doesn't sound too outrageous. That's your consumption I mean, not what you're paying.

It must be a popular site if people are prepared to pay over 21€/day for a pitch and extra for power. We are paying 18€ for very similar facilities! with 4kWh/ day included.

Ed Excel, thanks for confirming my figures are correct has has others. So I'm now content that everything is correct.
Your spot on about the popularity of this site, there's a lot of Brits here and has very good facilities and a good location.
Not sure about people paying in excess of €21.00 per day though, especially as I'm paying only €12.50 a day.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
At 12.5 euro a day you have the cheapest rate of anybody on site. Most are paying between 16 and 18 euro on long term .:thumb:

I had been in contact with the campsite since October and the best deal I could get was by paying cash. This would have given me a further 4% discount on their advertised prices.

Then just before Christmas I had another look on their website and seen this:

Broken Link Removed

I got straight on the phone and asked if they would give me a further 4% discount if I paid cash and was told it was a web only deal. Booked it immediately as it was Christmas eve and running out of time and received written confirmation Christmas day.

Lucky me ! there must be others here who have seen this !

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if the wifi is free on la torreta whats the user name and password ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back