Villagers form barricade to stop convoy of travellers (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I realize the council had a legal obligation, but to spend 4 million pounds on 10 pitches which includes converting a grade 2 listed barn into a toilet block, that just doesn't make any economical sense, a neighboring council has managed to do it for 55,000 pounds, and as for travelers paying tax, not round here they dont.
Without providing full details of what the conversions involved and what alternatives there might have been the headline figures mean little. Has the council actually spent ÂŁ4M or is that some figure somebody against the plan has published out of the air to mislead people? As of November last year, Cheshire East council was still only in negotiations to buy some land not actually build a site - and the history of no site in the council area to date indicates that land is at a premium so bound to be more expensive.

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
On the link road from Minser Lovell to Brize Norton there are some wide grass verges. Just after the road was opened, the Itinerants started turning up for around 2 - 3 weeks at a time, the usual rubbish, scrap,ponies etc on the side. Crime mysteriously went up, youths hanging around the local estate etc you can picture it. The council (I assume it was) then ploughed a single furrow arund 2 feet deep right along the side of the road. This immediately stopped any further Itinerant Incursions thankfully. That road is the route taken by the funeral corteges of the repatriated lads killed in Afghanistan, can you imagine any respect beng shown to them as they pass? I doubt it, and so action was taken. Big thumbs up from me!!

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Map.PNG

You can see the "White line" on the top side of the road verges, this is what the ploughed to stop the Itinerants towing their Vans etc onto there, if you look on the bottom side you can see gravel traps (White marks) this has been here for around 4 years now and never have they returned. Simple and effective.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back