vignette for switzerland, croatia, austria? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Setting off monday for croatia travelling through Switzerland, Austria and Slovinia.
I assumed we could just buy Vignettes as required at the border but have just read if you are over 3500 gvw then you can't and didn't know we need one for Slovinia?
WE ARE OVER 3500 GVW - has anyone been & can tell us what to do?
have looked online but differing info:Eeek: so need someone that's done it to give advice.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I can't help other than Switzerland, you can buy at the Border have Euros ready it's cheaper than S/ Francs of which they ask for the same ammount. Peter :thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Sorry cant help with any info Jaygee but have a fab trip both and keep in touch with some info if you can ::bigsmile:

Have a safe Journey and dont forget some pics too if poss :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Switzerland as already mentioned.
Austria you need to buy a Go-Box which is not exactly cheap, and then you top it up in chunks of quite a large amount, which if you're only passing through can be expensive. Best bet is to avoid the autobahns and then I don't think you need one. I should say that I've only driven in Austria in a car , and you buy the vignette at the border. I've never taken the MH (which, like yours, is over 3500kg) to Austria.
Slovenia - no idea. Sorry. Nor Croatia either.

John

Last edited:

Deleted User
Hi Jaygee
Our Rapido is over 3500 k, we came back through Austria in June from Italy and avoided the Autobahns. The A roads are very good and we had no problem. Unless you are looking at staying in Austria for a couple of weeks I would'nt buy a go-box which I think is an upfront cost of about 70euros with a refund when you leave. You can get all the information from go-maut.aus. Can't help with Switzerland or Slovenia but have a good trip the mountains are beautifull.

spongy

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Vignette

We also intend to travel to Croatia this September.

I understand you will need to buy the Go Box for Austria and in Slovenia you will have to pay Tolls as you are over 3500. For Switzerland you can buy the vignette at the border and it is cheaper if you buy using Swiss Franc.

Have a great trip.

Try this link

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_CSikB4_zg[/ame]

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We also intend to travel to Croatia this September.

I understand you will need to buy the Go Box for Austria and in Slovenia you will have to pay Tolls as you are over 3500. For Switzerland you can buy the vignette at the border and it is cheaper if you buy using Swiss Franc.

Have a great trip.

Try this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_CSikB4_zg

Hi
When we went it was cheaper with Euros by quite a bit . Peter :thumb:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Jackie, tried to answer your PM but coverage here is pretty slow. For Austria the Go box cost me 130 euros for a round trip plus 5 euros for the box itself. I have only two axles and it is more for a TAG. In Slovenia you need a Vignette, it is cheaper to buy one 7 day on the outbound and another 7 day on your return, cost is 7 euros each, alternatively buy a 30 day for 30 euros. The go box can be bought at the border or at service stations just prior to the border. It is all pretty straight forward but you will need your registration doc for the GO box.

Have a great trip and maybe see you if you are in the Porec area.

Audrey & Derek

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
We travelled through Austria last year to Lake Guarda, as you can see we have a RV, well over the 3.5 weight limit and are 27' 4" long.

After reading various stories about Go boxes contacted the Austrian tourist centre who told us exactly how to obtain one. The procedure was very simple collected 1 from a garage just over the boarder, the lady was very helpful asking is we were just passing through Austria or touring, as we were only passing through she put on the box sufficent euros for both ways and when we returned the box we got a refund on the unused euros, and didnt find it expensive at all.

Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back