Views On Norwich Sites Please

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Flook, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Flook

Flook Funster

The wife and I are going to Norwich in a few days time in the Motorhome, what are the, or which sites are better than others you like, recommendations wanted, views for and against, or would it be better to stay outside Norwich.

We do not have a dog, and this would be out third outing so far, so assistance will be appreciated.

Flook (& her indoors)

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

any site that expects you to have your knickers off when you are are going to have lots of vacancies

3. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

Good one :)

4. Zains Pops

Zains Pops Funster

http://www.whitlinghambroadcampsite.com
    Last year we stayed at the above for a weekend as we had tickets for a show in the city on Saturday night and we need somewhere nearby.

You can walk into to city probably about 2 miles, or take a bus from the village about 1/2 mile. We took taxis back for not too much £7.00 from memory.

The site is ok, a bit basic but the location is good, alright for a couple of nights.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

We stayed at Swan's Harbour campsite quite a lot, not for a couple of years now though. Nice site with good facilities. I notice from the website that its still only £14 a night with electric (2 adults).

You could brave the country lane by the site, mostly okay, and drive to the Costessey park and ride where they allow motorhome parking and take the bus into the city.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flook

Flook Funster

Although I have a weird sense of humour Wildman, you have lost me on this one:cautious:.

7. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

Norwich = Nickers Off Ready When I Come Home!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Flook

Flook Funster

Yep get it now, nice one, wife dont wear any, bit like the Dubonet girls, anytime anywhere any place:LOL:, huh I wish::bigsmile:

Flook:lipssealed:

• Like Like x 2
  9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

If you are C&CC members and can exist without hook-up, the THS at Kirkley & Pakefield FC at Lowestoft (where we have been since Saturday) is pretty good. Only about an hour to Norwich on the bus from a stop 5 or 10 minutes walk away (depending how fast you walk).

10. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

After his recent posts re Norfolk I'm surprised Graham didn't suggest staying out of the county rather than the city.

:welc:

• Like Like x 1
  11. sillybug

sillybug Funster

have heard recently about a kind of aire at wroxham about 5 miles from norwich along side the river. wroxham is a nice little tourist area i was told it was around 10 pound a night but def worth looking into .

12. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Could try the C&CClub site in Martineau Lane, Norwich.
    Nice location , pub just down the road , also shops and chippy 5 mins walk, nearby bus service 10 min ride into Norwich.
    Drove past it this morning , sort of jogged the grey matter.

PS never stayed there as I only live seven miles from site.

13. Flook

Flook Funster

SB, booked unfortunately, otherwise it was her indoors top one, Kessingland has vacancies though.

GJH, we have not tried doing that as yet, you see the problem is this, earlier this year I had the MH on home hookup, it was flipping cold so I put the MH heating on for a few day's. Went out to check how nice an warm it was, and, it wernt. It was freezing cold, I checked the controls etc, carried out everything in the book etc to no good. Turned out to be the battery charger unit had failed, this caused the leisure battery to go to zero and no longer hold its charge. Cutting a longish story very short, it ended up by the MH supplier Vehicles 4 Leisure in Prestatyn reimbursing me for a new battery. V4L have been very understanding of my few issues etc so I give them top marks(y)(y).
    So GJH, I do not trust the leisure battery to stay good, the TV is not 12v, so I have a voltage thingy to raise it to 240v, and this would only reduce the power very quick. We have considered Solar panels, which the supplier of the replacement charging unit said he would install if required, but the cost is out of our price bracket at this time, especially as we are no longer earning a renewable income:sick::confused:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Flook

Flook Funster

Just seen your one Larry, they are also booked for a day or two Sunday and another one:( Wendy's:sick: second choice was that.

I suggested we went to St Neots 20mins down the road to us, but Wend say's too close to home, I said, but you like shopping there, and the site is top notch. Ho hum such is life.

By the way all, I do appreciate all your responses(y), all gratefully received:).

Flook:lipssealed:

• Like Like x 1
  15. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Understandable. We don't carry a TV these days and have a solar panel. The battery recharges gadgets (phones, laptop &c) and powers the blown air heating, water pump and lighting. We've been away for almost 3 weeks and no battery problems at all.

16. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Geography not your strong point then Rob? Lowestoft is Suffolk not Norfolk :D

I have to say we have enjoyed last week in Norfolk and forays to Norwich and Yarmouth this week (y)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bailey58

I'm looking for the thread as I write Graham but I'm sure you posted something about Cromer and its surrounds recently and that's as far from the border, Suffolk or Lincolnshire, as you can get. :cautious:

18. Bailey58

No, can't find it, p'raps it was some other foreigner! :LOL:

19. Flook

Flook Funster

Okay, Wendy has booked us at Kessingland in Suffolk. Apparently the local buses cross over the border into Norfolk (OMG:whistle:), oh yes. Anyways if any of you are around that area and you happen to see a goldish frontage Elddis type MH, or if you are behind it, you will know it from the rear as it has an Oakley Motorcycle Club sticker on the rear:angel:.

Many thanks for your help, and I would still like to hear your best and or favored sites around Norfolk/Suffolk/Lincs area. Also the her-erm worstest ones as well, the ones to avoid like the proverbial(y) .

May see someone around next week:smiley: then.

Flook:hi:

20. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Don't forget your passports :wink: