LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well I knew the time would come. The time when my budding 12 year old asks me for something computing that I know nothing about. He has asked me , or ordered me as kids today do::bigsmile: that he would like santa to be delivering some video editing software for his PC. Does anyone have any idea what he is talking about? Now I know we have windows movie maker and I think this is great, unfortunately he looks at me and says "parents no idea", so in order for me to baffle him with science, has anyone any suggestions of what I should be looking for. I think he wants to make films, and clips from games like runescape and world of war craft.:Sad:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Paul - get something that is free to start with so you don't end up spending money on a "fad".

Try TECH SOURCE FROM BOHOL: Free/Open-source Video Editing Software which is a link to open-source (i.e. free) software available to download.

or, try these:-

Blender
model • shade • animate • render • composite • interactive 3d
Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for all major operating systems.
blender.org - Home

Jashaka
The worlds first open source, hardware accelerate editing and effects system!
jahshaka.org - Home

Virtual dub
A powerful freeware video editor with lots of features, including a choice of compression codecs, splitting, addition of audio tracks.
Welcome to virtualdub.org! - virtualdub.org

WAX
Wax is a high performance and flexible video compositing and special effects software. The idea for Wax is to be very general purpose and flexible in video compositing and effects, so that you can compose your dream video sequence with ease everytime.
Wax - [ Homepage ]

Avidemux
Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux - Main Page

SolveigMM AVI Trimmer
SolveigMM AVI Trimmer is a free video editor to allow you to AVI movie cut extremely fast and lossless. This freeware AVI editor software is small, smart, easy to use and involves no encoding/decoding processes. Video enthusiasts use AVI Trimmer to cut commercials, cut video files or edit video for YouTube. AVI Trimmer solves annoying out of sync problem. It operates with all known types of AVI including DV AVI type 1 and 2.
Free video editor, free movie editor, free video studio / AVI Trimmer .

PLEASE NOTE - I have no personal use or recommendation for any of these - but they are (AFAIK) free and legal

Papa

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Check out Adobe Premiere Elements, it will cost you around £65, it's is a cut down version of Adobes professional editing software which costs £650. It easy to use and has lots of hand holding tools. It can make videos for DVD's, You Tube or even your phone. It really is user friendly and the best introduction to editing that their is. And if they want to get really serious later then this software has them heading in the right direction.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
There are plenty of reasonably priced editing packages out there, Pinnacle Studio, Adopbe Elements, Ulead's Videostudio to name just three. I use Ulead MediaStudioPro 7 but this is a high end, semi pro level package (currently up to version 8 but its $400:cry:). Ulead do some trial packages of their software and I'd suggesat you have a look at their VideoStudio and DVD factory.

D.

P

Paulie

Deleted User
Magix Movie Edit Pro

Can't praise this editing suite highly enough. I've used it in several versions since about 2000 and it just keeps getting better.

It costs £60 (plus £3.00 shipping) for the boxed package and £58 for the downloadable version.

It's pretty intuitive, but there's plenty of help should you need it.
Go >>Here<< if you want to find out more.

Cheers,

Paulie

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Pair of scissors and a roll of cellotape
Woolworths £1.99 or am I outa touch with Vidio editing:Doh::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Pair of scissors and a roll of cellotape
Woolworths £1.99 or am I outa touch with Vidio editing:Doh::ROFLMAO:
Geo

It is important to remember, though, to use the cellotape on the inside of the tape. If you put it out the outside then you could damage the video head. :roflmto:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Ive been using editing software for a few years, both professional at work and the packages aimed at the home user.

Personally I wouldn't recommend Pinnacle, I've used Studio from ver 7 through to ver 11 (just for it's auto movie feature) and IMHO it's over-priced for what you get.

Adobe Premier Elements is a very good purchase, it's vey easy to use and it's easy to step up from if you want to advance to Premier Pro or Final Cut (Mac). Check out Adobe's web site, you can download 30 day trials of all their software.

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi

I have been using versions of Ulead Video Studio for many years, I its perfect for my uses. Editing video, adding menu's and text on the screen, background music, converting it you DVD or for viewing on your phone or utube format etc.

Ulead Video Studio 11 £38

Easy to use etc

Good luck

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread