Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
morning, I have emailed them to ask if the 2017 all the Aires Spain and Portugal book is available yet but not received a reply. Are they still trading? Does anyone on here know if the book is available yet?

Thanks Glenn.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I don't think it's available till early 2017 but if phoning or email, perhaps it's better if you wait till Monday

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Yes they are still trading they are out and about at the moment collecting Aires in France i do believe as per Facebook. We have books on pre -order for delivery in Dec

Neil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A post on here the other day suggested buying it cheaper of C&CC provided you are a member.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
The ACSI book is out early December . I had an email from them last week . I don't think they do much email replying . Very reliable small business so there pride probably won't let them go bust like the big boys have a habit of doing

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes they are still trading they are out and about at the moment collecting Aires in France i do believe as per Facebook. We have books on pre -order for delivery in Dec

Neil
Does this meen they are doing a compleat revamp of France Aires instead of just copying the last one?

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Does this meen they are doing a compleat revamp of France Aires instead of just copying the last one?
I have no idea what they are doing except that there Facebook page says they are in France. Not sure what you are getting at i am sure you have your reasons

Neil

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think they tend to do a new book every couple of years and inspect Aires in between

Reactions: f6c
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have no idea what they are doing except that there Facebook page says they are in France. Not sure what you are getting at i am sure you have your reasons

Neil
Don't think you could have seen recent threads about alltheaires, but the last one is way out of date, some of the entry's are from 2010 , some are not there any more and there are hundreds of Aires that are not in the book, this is not to knock the idea and have used it for years but compared to online things it is now in the dark ages.

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
There are enough in it for me to get on with and i do not carry an online device. Like everything British /English there are a lot on Motorhome Fun who like to knock it.:)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There are enough in it for me to get on with and i do not carry an online device. Like everything British /English there are a lot on Motorhome Fun who like to knock it.:)
That's fine, only remember that when you have traveled 30 miles to an Aires and it isn't there.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There are some apps that you can down load the info to your device and don't need to be online to use it, such as Camper Contact which is IMV far superior to the (Not) All the Aires France books.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't think you could have seen recent threads about alltheaires, but the last one is way out of date, some of the entry's are from 2010 , some are not there any more and there are hundreds of Aires that are not in the book, this is not to knock the idea and have used it for years but compared to online things it is now in the dark ages.
The aires used to regularly checked by a chap called Don and he did an excellent job on keeping the book sellers/producers as up to date as possible with the details, but he stopped doing it a good few years ago, I assume that's why some are so out of date.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Vicarious can only personally check on so many aires each year and they actively encourage users to send in any updates there may be. We have updated them and got a hefty discount off the next new edition.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I don't think you could have read many of my posts, I am as supportive of anything British as anyone on here, why suddenly jump on my post on this subject, just for telling the truth, I have used allthe Aires as long as we have been motorhoming , but this last year found it to be severely lacking in new content, and unwieldy large with some Aires on one half of the map but the description in the other half. And by useing park4night app found loads of Aires that isn't in the book and some of the description of some of the ones that are ,are way out of date.
I only asked if it was being revamped because I hope it is.

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
See i thought you jumped on my post. I just answered the OP that they were in France you used this to make your point. I like the books they help with planning when away if you do not thats ok for you. I do believe i said i do not carry an online device thats how i like it others do not thats ok as well

Neil

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have the newest 2 part French books and have to agree, there are a lot of out of date entries, lots of closed and moved Aires and price differences. I don't mind paying for the book but expect it to be accurate.
I also don't like some of their opinions on the Aires. I want information not opinions. As an example, calling Church bells "hells bells" ( because they ring at night) could cause offence to some.
Let's hope the new edition is fully up to date, less opinionated and back to one book.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Get Campercontact for about ÂŁ6 and put it on your I-pad. We run ours with TomTom and they work Symbioticaly. ( and together )
Mitch.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I don't mind paying for the book but expect it to be accurate..

You should have seen the first "All the aires in France", even a politician would have blushed at that statement unless they meant "All the aires are in France".

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
See i thought you jumped on my post. I just answered the OP that they were in France you used this to make your point. I like the books they help with planning when away if you do not thats ok for you. I do believe i said i do not carry an online device thats how i like it others do not thats ok as well

Neil
No I didn't, I asked a simple question

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
I have no wish to debate this with you. I gave a simple answer about a Spanish book you changed it to your pet thing about French Aires good for you.

Neil

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Neil
Sorry neither do I but I think it was you that brought up France.

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Very sad case please leave me alone and go and find someone else to abuse

Neil

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Blimey, I thought it was a legit question @chaser Being a newbie - ish and going to France for the first time next Easter, I would be very interested in whether or not I would be buying a gash book or a completely revampt one. I, like @nelly like to use books rather than electronic versions, but have to balance that with the info I would gain from it. I like the hard copy of Brit Stops, but also have to manually up date them as they come in. So knowing in advance that the Aires book is up to date would have been a benefit to me.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Blimey, I thought it was a legit question @chaser Being a newbie - ish and going to France for the first time next Easter, I would be very interested in whether or not I would be buying a gash book or a completely revampt one. I, like @nelly like to use books rather than electronic versions, but have to balance that with the info I would gain from it. I like the hard copy of Brit Stops, but also have to manually up date them as they come in. So knowing in advance that the Aires book is up to date would have been a benefit to me.
So did I , he seems to have some sort of chip on his shoulder or something to do with vicarious, so I'm not going to drop to his level by answering him, but if he thinks that is abuse, he ought to get out more.
But back to the legitimate question, we have had three different versions of alltheaires, and every one just had a few more but the ones that were already in it weren't updated. And the last one which we still have has doubled in its size but not its content.
As a tool for planing your tour it's ok to see what is about in your chosen area, and that is how we use it now but when we get near to where we are going, get park4night up to see what is around that might be cheaper or in a better area.
If you havnt got one it's worth having but if you have an old one , not much point in a new one, but we will have to see if it is being revamped, might be worth it then.(y):)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
As a tool for planing your tour it's ok to see what is about in your chosen area, and that is how we use it now but when we get near to where we are going, get park4night up to see what is around that might be cheaper or in a better area.
If you havnt got one it's worth having but if you have an old one , not much point in a new one, but we will have to see if it is being revamped, might be worth it then.(y):)
As it is not til Easter, I will wait with baited breath to read the results of the new book. Then look at both the new book and an App or sponge an old book and the App.:rolleyes:;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back