LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Everyone is going on about customer relationship and what Vicarious Books should have done, Are you forgetting something.

The complaint was made after TWO DAYS .

This thread is a combination of two separate ones running about VB.

The Dark Side thread you are talking about and the thread or threads on here started by members outraged at the bully boy email sent out by VB caused by their own mistake.

Since then lots of other people have chipped in their experiences which has nothing to do with any thread on The Dark Side.

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Like I said earlier, those who have not had issues with this company( LIKE YOU) will not have had to experience the customer based focus (NOT) of this company. Its when things go wrong that good customer service is a must and when this particular company has been found lacking. Do they have more satisfied customers that disgruntled ones? Probably. But that does not excuse their attitude to the few! And as they have discovered the few can be vocal and bad service will be talked about with more vigour than good.

As an aside, In my experience when someone asks another to "get a life" it is they who are in need of one:RollEyes:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
This thread is a combination of two separate ones running about VB.

The Dark Side thread you are talking about and the thread or threads on here started by members outraged at the bully boy email sent out by VB caused by their own mistake.

Since then lots of other people have chipped in their experiences which has nothing to do with any thread on The Dark Side.

I find it strange that No-One on "The Darkside" has made ANY comment about an email sent out, I cannot accept that none on there had one and they were only on here.

But also no-one has commented on the actual OP comments re the complaints on "the other side" after just 2 days, and if most complaints are of a like then what are they worth, In my opinion, Nothing.

He made a statement that he had read on another forum that the owner had been made to remove the thread after threats by Vicarious Books.

That was a total fabrication and if the so called complaints about vicarious Books are of a like then that explains a lot.

It all boils down to Chinese Whispers.

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

FullTimeDreamer

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Funster No
I find it strange that No-One on "The Darkside" has made ANY comment about an email sent out, I cannot accept that none on there had one and they were only on here.

But also no-one has commented on the actual OP comments re the complaints on "the other side" after just 2 days, and if most complaints are of a like then what are they worth, In my opinion, Nothing.

He made a statement that he had read on another forum that the owner had been made to remove the thread after threats by Vicarious Books.

That was a total fabrication and if the so called complaints about vicarious Books are of a like then that explains a lot.

It all boils down to Chinese Whispers.

When you say the OP Totally fabricated the post that is simply not true. My post here was written after I read this which was written by the admin of facts after someone complained that the title of his post "Vicarious what a Joke" was changed.

I renamed the title to save you the problem of being sued for defamation by Vicarious Books !! Vicarious have contacted me and considered the title defamatory,

That you think people are fabricating the complaints is stupid. Why would they? No one is calling your stories of support lies. Why do you consider their complaints to be untrue Or do you work for Vicarious:RollEyes:

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This thread is in danger of becoming very boring.

If you have been satisfied with VB, continue to use them.

If you have been dissatisfied with VB, shop elsewhere.

I will continue to use them as I have received exemplary service. If I had received the email that Hilldweller received then I would have binned them.

But I didn't, so I won't.

ENDEX

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
When you say the OP Totally fabricated the post that is simply not true. My post here was written after I read this which was written by the admin of facts after someone complained that the title of his post "Vicarious what a Joke" was changed.

That you think people are fabricating the complaints is stupid. Why would they? No one is calling your stories of support lies. Why do you consider their complaints to be untrue Or do you work for Vicarious:RollEyes:

You Stated that quote "the owner had been made to remove the thread after threats by Vicarious Books." if you had read on The owner stated that No Such Threat had been made, and therefore the statement made by whichever person made it was and still is a fabrication.

Oh almost forgot, That the thread Was NOT removed.

Also, I don't work for anyone.

Can I also say that I have NEVER said the complaints were untrue, Over stated or over reacted maybe.

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

I will continue to use them as I have received exemplary service. If I had received the email that Hilldweller received then I would have binned them.

ENDEX

Except that Hilldweller (Brian) has not posted the full content of the e mail he received from VB Verbatim as I requested. Brian has posted two (at least) abbreviated versions of this e-mail and while the gist of them is similar the actual content is quite dissimilar, i.e. getting more aggressive. This is why I requested Brian post a verbatim copy of the original e-mail so we could all see the exact wording used by VB to request return of the surplus book or payment would be expected/extracted. The two versions so far posted don't ring true for VB normal procedure, but I could be wrong.

D.

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp

ENDEX

I Fully Agree:thumb::thumb::thumb:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Except that Hilldweller (Brian) has not posted the full content of the e mail he received from VB Verbatim as I requested. Brian has posted two (at least) abbreviated versions of this e-mail and while the gist of them is similar the actual content is quite dissimilar, i.e. getting more aggressive. This is why I requested Brian post a verbatim copy of the original e-mail so we could all see the exact wording used by VB to request return of the surplus book or payment would be expected/extracted. The two versions so far posted don't ring true for VB normal procedure, but I could be wrong.

D.

I would love to see a photocopy of it as I can find no other reference at all to emails.
:Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Errrrr... hang on a sec Les
I had nothing to do with a second book
I have not read nor seen anything on the other forum

I reported my experiences ( three ) which were of being spoken to as if I was unworthy
I am not picky ( I am a hairy bummed biker originally from Essex for gawd sake !! )
In late 2008 I asked about a product and was spoken to in an uncivil way ( to say the least ). I said I thought I had seen it at show.. I was told 'if you are stupid enough not to write the details down you cannot expect us to know what book you want ( It was for the German Stelplatz ( sp ? ) locations )

In 2009 I asked when the 2010 ACSI would be sent out as I could not remember ( not a moan or anything, merely a question ), I apologised and made a joke saying I must be getting too old or somesuch. Without further preamble I was told 'If you do not want to wait why not cancel your order and stop bothering us'

Charming

I cannot really remember the third occasion as it was a long time ago so I will dismiss it and claim only two incidents.
These are personal, not hearsay, not made up and not interpretation

By all means defend the people if you have had good service.

However, to defend blindly and simply dismiss what everyone else may say is as tosh, is, quite frankly, bloody insulting and derisory

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Errrrr... hang on a sec Les
I had nothing to do with a second book
I have not read nor seen anything on the other forum

I reported my experiences ( three ) which were of being spoken to as if I was unworthy
I am not picky ( I am a hairy bummed biker originally from Essex for gawd sake !! )
In late 2008 I asked about a product and was spoken to in an uncivil way ( to say the least ). I said I thought I had seen it at show.. I was told 'if you are stupid enough not to write the details down you cannot expect us to know what book you want ( It was for the German Stelplatz ( sp ? ) locations )

In 2009 I asked when the 2010 ACSI would be sent out as I could not remember ( not a moan or anything, merely a question ), I apologised and made a joke saying I must be getting too old or somesuch. Without further preamble I was told 'If you do not want to wait why not cancel your order and stop bothering us'

Charming

I cannot really remember the third occasion as it was a long time ago so I will dismiss it and claim only two incidents.
These are personal, not hearsay, not made up and not interpretation

By all means defend the people if you have had good service.

However, to defend blindly and simply dismiss what everyone else may say is as tosh, is, quite frankly, bloody insulting and derisory

You refer to a second book, I have no idea what you mean ?

I do not think I have made any reference to your claims at all, What I have referred to is the OP's claim in the original post and how it was fabricated and in fact how it was totally over reacted to under the circumstances.

It also came up about an alleged email that VB sent out, whose authenticity is under doubt as it appears that only on this forum has that claim been made.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
someone with a vry real memory issue said:
You refer to a second book, I have no idea what you mean ?

Ahh bless.. I should have realised !
I am so sorry.. It was very unfair of me..
Now I realise you are, quite possible 'special'
If you cannot remember what you have been posting on and on about ad-infinitum it is really not fair of me to take you to task...

Only one question.. What weight line are you using ?

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
If you cannot remember what you have been posting on and on about ad-infinitum it is really not fair of me to take you to task...

Well said!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +

I think that maybe YOU should have tried specsavers, I take it you refer to this post :-

I have just been reading about the email that was sent out to members who had received a second copy from Vicarious Books asking for the return, I for one wonder how YOU would react if you had sent out by mistake a second item same as one purchased from you, and the receiver had failed to return it to you, or even notified you that they had received it, I ask you, Come on be fair.

Vicarious Books are a Bl**dy good company, Everyone is moaning about the Book "All The Aires" because it doesn't contain ALL the aires, So What, what is in the name of a book, It says "Saxa Salt" on the sides of London Buses, But they don't sell it.

I have used them for years and I WILL continue to use them for years to come I hope.

The above mentioned book is BY FAR THE BEST book in English and if it's not up to your standard write one.

I have seen rants about the co-ordinates being off, By how far? and the co-ordinates are usually supplied by others, I have never yet seen any co-ordinates that are bang on, But they get you close enough to find the location easily

Nowhere have I referred to ANY of YOUR complaints as you have not put them on a public forum and taken something out of context as far as I can see.

I commented on the ALLEGED email where it is stated a "Second Copy" was delivered from vicarious books and they were asking for it back, Was the email to you, If not then the post was NOT referred to you. !!!

and unless your name is "YOU" then I cannot for the life of me see how it IS referred to you.

This is a classic example of something being taken out of context.

:Doh:

You stated your complaints and as far as I am aware they have attracted no comments, That is for you to take up with vicarious books.

I commented on the Original post which as was stated a fabrication, I also commented on the "Second copy" of what I don't know, But it appears there have been different statements of what that email contained and before I make a comment against vicarious books I would like to see a copy of it.

Now read into that what you like, I personally don't give a sh*t

:ROFLMAO::thumb:

Please note the post said " SECOND COPY " NOT Book so when I stated "You refer to a second book, I have no idea what you mean ?" I was 100% correct.

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yesss.. of course Les.... ::bigsmile:

someone still unsure of time gone by said:
I personally don't give a sh*t

perhaps thats it !
Exlax or Senacot works well

I am sure after good dump you will feel a lot better and be able to concentrate on what is going on :thumb:
It will proly stop you being paranoid and thinking everyone is lying and against you :Blush:
Come back when you are feeling better and are more able to put together a cognitive reply or two :Smile: Everyone will still be here ready to give you a big Motorhomefun hug :Smile:

Oh, and you did not answer my question ???

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Aww didn't anybody take any notice of your complaints and diddums not find glasses to check that I was right.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
But Les, of course you are right mate !:thumb:
Everyone on here knows your right .. :thumb:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Please note the post said " SECOND COPY " Not BOOK so when I stated "You refer to a second book, I have no idea what you mean ?" I was 100% correct.

But at last you have been a Man and admitted it

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

even though it is sarcastically.

:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Please note the post said " SECOND COPY " Not BOOK so when I stated "You refer to a second book, I have no idea what you mean ?" I was 100% correct.

But at last you have been a Man and admitted it

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

even though it is sarcastically.

:thumb:

Yessss.. of course Les,,, Like I said Someone a little special must be right.. :thumb:

And still you have not replied to my question.. I know it was very hard and will not ask again..
We shall all just make our own minds up :Smile:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Yessss.. of course Les,,, Like I said Someone a little special must be right.. :thumb:

And still you have not replied to my question.. I know it was very hard and will not ask again..
We shall all just make our own minds up :Smile:

I will have NO Problem at all answering ANY sensible or reasonable question that you ask But as YOU put it "You are only a hairy bummed biker originally from Essex for gawd sake "

Now how you know you have hairs on your Bum is bound to fire someones imagination.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I will have NO Problem at all answering ANY sensible or reasonable question that you ask But as YOU put it "You are only a hairy bummed biker originally from Essex for gawd sake "

Now how you know you have hairs on your Bum is bound to fire someones imagination.

Now you are just being silly .. ! if you cannot read or understand a simple six word perfectly reasonable perfectly sensible question I am afraid I must give up Les..

With all due respect sir, as trolls go you are not the brightest..
Tip for you.. Do TRY and reply to things and you might be more successful at hiding what you are up to ..:winky:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Just to Humor you with your question about line weight, Which as a total non fisherman I have no idea of the different weights, I will state the heaviest possible, Because I have certainly drawn one.

:Cool::thumb:

But as a Scuba Diver I have swam with the biggest and the scariest.

:RollEyes:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Thank goodness this load of _______ (insert euphemism of choice) is only visible to subscribers:Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yesssssss.... of course you caught one.. It could not possibly be tother way round could it Les.. Not when you are special
Anyways, I leave you with the following .. Your just boring now.. Kept me entertained for a while but hey...

!! TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT !!

Link Removed

No doubt you will come back with something you think is funny ( look at your past few posts.. sad that you have to keep laughing at your own jokes and no one else will join in isn't it ) but you will be talking to your self .. nothing new there then I suspect

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Yesssssss.... of course you caught one.. It could not possibly be tother way round could it Les.. Not when you are special
Anyways, I leave you with the following .. Your just boring now.. Kept me entertained for a while but hey...

!! TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT !!

Link Removed

No doubt you will come back with something you think is funny ( look at your past few posts.. sad that you have to keep laughing at your own jokes and no one else will join in isn't it ) but you will be talking to your self .. nothing new there then I suspect

Now THAT is FUNNY.

Brilliant,

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Oh Dear !! this can be seen by anyone !!

I do hope it doesn't attract the wrong kind of people...:whatthe:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Statement
I deeply apologize to other members for the sickness and childishness that was appearing on this topic last evening, I was I am afraid replying to personal attacks from Jawsmc, I had made a few posts on My opinion on this topic when he replied to something I had no idea what he was referring to, He stated something about quote "Two Books" I had NOT made ANY comment about two books he then made personal comments about me, Which I will certainly NOT sit back and take, If I had made a verbal personal attack I could have understood it, I had NOT in fact made ANY comment at all about ANY of his posts, When I pointed this out he again made more personal insinuations, at that point I just decided to try and point out his mistake and humour him, It may have been the wrong thing to do but where I come from if you are wrong you be a man and stand up and admit you are wrong.

The part where I was wrong last night was putting all other posters through the misery of two members trying to win a battle no-one could, and for that I deeply apologize.

:Blush:

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yerr.. actually i guess I am sorry too..

Sorry Les, and sorry to all other members.

heat of the moment and all that jazz.

It is so easy to get wrapped up in something.. Especially when the subject is so emotive and peoples reasoning becomes clouded by what they THINK is being written as opposed to what is actually being SAID !

I will buy you one if you buy me one at our next encounter Les ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back