Vibration After Having Tow Bar Fitted!? (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have had experience of nvh (noise,vibration,harshness) testing on vehicles and would suspect that the tow bar mountings have pulled the chassis rails and now the rear axle fixings are strained transmitting harmonic vibration through the rails which you can hear.
This is very common if things are fitted on you areheel free ramp as the axle hangs down while everything is fitted.
The cure is usually to loosen the fixings to finger tight and drive it for a few hundred yards then re torque everything evenly with the wheels on the floor. This may also need the axle fixings to be done as well as the tow bar.
I assume it is rear wheel drive as they have more potential for this sort of problem.

TeeMyob
I think that as you complained to the supplier well within the 60 days, you will have a valid reason for the card issuer to be involved as the goods could be described as either 'faulty' or 'not fit for purpose'. Personally I would take the faulty goods approach.
Either way, you should inform the card company today that you have tried to resolve an issue with a supplier of goods that they have purchased on your behalf and cannot get the supplier to address your concerns. They will probably ask you to persevere with the supplier but insist that your complaint is logged for them to pick up if you get no joy in say 7 days from the supplier.
You have nothing to lose by calling them and owe the supplier nothing as you have given them fair chance to rectify.
Trev, you are more technically aware than many on here, especially with regards to anything associated with wheels and tyres (y)
If I was in yours shoes, I'd be looking at Derbyshire wanderer's advice as being pukka, as it appears to be the best advice offered yet. ;)

I wish you all the very best in finding the right resolution to the problem. (y) You've obviously got more patience than I have, regarding the situation.

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back