Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

Just been on the above site which I have used before.
I don't know about anyone else but I found the speed of response and some details a little difficult However;

It would appear that those tyre people have done an upgrade to the site making it smarter, faster, and in my opinion, (counts for nothing) much easier to navigate and observe.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I was looking at it yesterday. You used to be able to select 'caravan' for your journey, but I couldn't find the icon on the new site. Did you happen to notice it?
I don't know if by selecting it, they calculate a route which is actually suitable for a caravan, or whether they just estimate a longer time for the journey.
We've got motorhome sat nav, but I do like to look at via Michelin as well.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Just had a play around nice site looks like it would print nice to take as a back up also. caravan box to tick in options I noticed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
I tend to use the site quite often, especially on our long distance trips. I do so in order to estimate where we are likely to be at the time for stopping. I can then use Campingcar-infos to identify suitable aires on / near our route before we leave home.

I haven't found the option to select a caravan, just a trailer, but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the route I have used from home to Dusseldorf

J

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Screenshot 2015-08-22 at 5.38.38 PM.png
this should show you caravan option

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I was looking at it yesterday. You used to be able to select 'caravan' for your journey, but I couldn't find the icon on the new site. Did you happen to notice it?
I don't know if by selecting it, they calculate a route which is actually suitable for a caravan, or whether they just estimate a longer time for the journey.
We've got motorhome sat nav, but I do like to look at via Michelin as well.

If you tick 'Caravan' it gives the Class 2 prices for the toll roads.
So you could use it for the motorhome (assuming under 3mtrs.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
I have seen why there is a difference. I use Viamichelin.com, not .co.uk.

I'll have to try the other option and see if it makes a difference to the resulting calculations.

As should be expected, there is no difference between the results. However, I prefer the map function of the .com version as the map is larger and it gives reference numbers at strategic junctions, which, when used in conjunction with the route instruction, make for easier determination of likely stopping places.

The .co.uk version does seem to give a more realistic journey time and cost / fuel consumption, though.

J

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back