Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Does anyone have a list or a download of vets in Spain.

I am going to Morocco with the group in january and would like to find a vet somewhere near Algeciras if possible.

Thanks.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
why do you need a vet near there . all you need is a titre blood certificate and your pets passport . mine s been away every winter since before the pets scheme . you need the blood certificate sometimes for coming back into spain.
she first left uk in december 99 . other than last winter hasnt missed a winter in the sun.
only need a vet to return to uk .

Last edited:
OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
why do you need a vet near there . all you need is a titre blood certificate and your pets passport . mine s been away every winter since before the pets scheme . you need the blood certificate sometimes for coming back into spain.
she first left uk in december 99 . other than last winter hasnt missed a winter in the sun.
only need a vet to return to uk .

Thank you vwalan,

What id a titre blood certificate and where do you get it, she already has a pet passport.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
uk used to make your dog have a blood test it shows the titre results for the rabies test. thats what you need . they may not ask but if you havent got it then i dont know. it was always the case that you should carry the results of the test.
there was a time the spanish never asked but every time mines been across recently they have wanted the results . is the passprt new or as the dog had it for awhile . ?
new passport holders may get grief . as the blood test isnt needed to get back into uk .
dare say uk passport and chip will cover it .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
uk used to make your dog have a blood test it shows the titre results for the rabies test. thats what you need . they may not ask but if you havent got it then i dont know. it was always the case that you should carry the results of the test.
there was a time the spanish never asked but every time mines been across recently they have wanted the results . is the passprt new or as the dog had it for awhile . ?
new passport holders may get grief . as the blood test isnt needed to get back into uk .
dare say uk passport and chip will cover it .

Thanks again,

She has had a passport since 2007. From wha you say it's better to be safe than sorry so an appointment has been ade for blood to be drawn this afternoon and sent for analysis. Hopefully the certificate will come back before we leave home on the 7th Jan.

Thanks Vwalan

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all you needed was a copy of the original test . surely the vet gave you one or as it in their records ?
think the vet is ripping you off .
dog had to have the test before passport issued.
they dont miss a trick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back