Vets in France

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by soapy1, Apr 5, 2012.

1. soapy1

soapy1 Read Only Funster

Does anyone know of an English speaking vet in Olivet or Orleans?
    Many thanks

2. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Do you need it for the tapeworm treatment prior to returning to the UK? Most vets will understand if you show the passport and say something like "Je suis de retour au Royaume-Uni le (put in the date here)"

It's perfectly OK to write it down and hand it to the vet. I used google translate and printed everything for the first 3 years I was here (vet, bank, water company, tax office.. etc..)

For anything else, use google translate and write in all symptoms and info about your pet. A lot of vets speak some English.

If you need more information you can send me a message and I'll help if I can.

3. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

I use a good one in Amiens

I use a goodvet in Amiens .. While receptionist speaks little French, the vets do... Have used them for the last three visits... €29. ... I know of several other
    MHF members that have also used them... The Grifffs, the Welsh Boys, and others.

It is further up towards the ports .... Calais direction.. But if you want the info p.m. Me. There is a ACIS camp site about 2 klm from the vets.... it is in the Rue De Ham....

Bob

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

5. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad Read Only Funster

There is a Pdf downloadable list of recommended Vets throughout France in the download section of this site at 'Touring Information'

Look for Vets List April 2012.

If you do find and use a Vet in either Orleans, Olivet or any other could you please let me know details and I can add it to the List.

:france::france::france: