Vets in France

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Roryboys Dad, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad Read Only Funster

Can anyone recommend Vets in France who are familiar with the Pet Passport scheme?

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

You will find they all are, the difference is in what they charge, the nearer to port the more expensive, now with the new rules giving up to 5 days to get back to England you can use a vet more inland who is probably cheaper and not worry about not making the ferry as the 24/48hr window is no longer the rule.
    Just double check that the vet stamps the pet passport and signs it along with the date and time of the visit and what he has given the animal.

4. Roryboys Dad

Thanks for the prompt replies.

I have produced some downloadable documents that give information about recommended Vets in France, and increasingly other EU countries, and wondered how/if I could show an example of them on this forum.

They are in PDF format and give details of address, telephone number, opening times, approx costs for 2011 or 2012, picture of the Vets and a Map.

If it's possible to post on here please let me know,

I'm off to watch the Man City / Chelsea match in a moment so there's no rush in replying.

Again thanks.

5. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

We use THIS site, the owners wife works for the Vet and arranges the visit for you.:thumb:

6. stagman

stagman Deleted User

We also use this one recommend it :thumb:

7. Roryboys Dad

I notice the maximum upload size on this site for a Pdf document is 19.5 KB.

The documents I have are between 150 and 300 KB and unfortunatelly are miles too big to post here.

Most Sites allow up to 1MB, which seems a reasonable size, but 19.5 KB is no more than a very small document.
    :beer:

Is there any chance of allowing a Moderator to see the type of document I have and perhaps reconsidering the problem with the size issue?

8. roger buckley

roger buckley Read Only Funster

Ardres Vet

I can recommend the vet flagged in Ardres- but ring and check the hours ,as they are not all day. The advantage with this one ,is that there is a huge car park in fron ,just right for M Homes
    Regards Roger

9. madbluemad

madbluemad

If you send a PM to Jim who is the Gaffer, he will sort you out.
    Jim
    :Smile:

10. madbluemad

madbluemad

Why? :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Jim
    :Laughing:

11. Roryboys Dad

Why? :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Jim
    :Laughing:

Biggest mistake I made yesterday!
    But don't forget to watch the 'real' Cup Final - Chesterfield v Swindon on Sunday - real fans watching honest footballers trying their hardest to win.

Ps - are you the one I send a PM regarding Vets in France or is there another 'Jim'?

12. madbluemad

madbluemad

You have a point there. We live up the road from Tranmere Rovers and regularly have a wander down there to take in a game. I think the operative word is honest.

There is another Jim, the site owner or "Ringleader". he will sort your IT querie out.

Jim
    :Smile:

13. scotjimland

You can upload larger files to our Downloads section .. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads.php
    after you upload it will automatically add a post saying what you have uploaded . :Smile:

14. Roryboys Dad

ScotJimland - thanks for the link.

There are three folders, each having around 26 Pdf documents, of Vets in France with each folder being in the region of 5 - 6MB.

Would they be ok to post in the download section and would the 'Touring Information' section be the most obvious place to post them?

That section doesn't seem to be over used, the last upload almost two years ago, and I would like to think my upload was helping Members rather than being 'lost' in an unused part of the site.

I also have a two page downloadable list (166 kb) of around 90 Vets in France, and a few in other Countries, which may help Members and I'm adding to the list month by month.

15. scotjimland

Hi

not really my place to say, I'm just a member.. , best person to ask is Jim, the boss.. drop him a PM , he may have missed this thread as he's sunning himself in Spain..

or upload to where you think most appropriate and if wrong Jim will move .. :Smile:

16. N&K

N&K

We were crossing back into the UK on Jan 2nd a day after the new rules came and we were a bit worried that we'd understood the new rules correctly, because the Channel Tunnel wouldnt commit, they just said we'll be following DEFRAs guide lines.

We actually got our dog seen by a vet in Spain for 10 Euros with no drama's at the Pet Passport check in Calais / Euro Tunnel. Quite pleased that vets around Calais can no longer have a captive market on ripping you off for a pet check now that you have 5 days prior to crossing to get to a vet. :Smile:

17. Roryboys Dad

ScotJimland - You can upload larger files to our Downloads section .. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads.php

I've taken the plunge and offered my Card details for a years subs - so here goes.

When the three Grandkids are returned to their Mum after tea I'll have a go at downloading the Vets list to the appropriate part of this site.

Thanks for all the replies to this thread.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

18. Roryboys Dad

I've posted the 'Vets List April 2012' for European Vets, who are recommended and familiar with the Pet Passport scheme, in the Touring Information part of the Download section.

Any comments appreciated.

:france::france::france::france:

19. Phill D

Phill D

tried to download the vets file from the download section cant seem to get it; it freezes at about 90kb. any ideas or have i " finger trouble"!:Rofl1:

20. Roryboys Dad

Worked ok one minute ago.

Have a cup of tea and try again.

:beer::beer::beer::beer: