Free Member
Oct 31, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
I am a newbie
Going to Mont Saint Michel in France June.
Does any one know the nearest Vets for the treatment need for bringing my dog back to the UK

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You've got between 24 and 120 hours before travel time to get the worming and Pet Passport filled in, so you don't necessarily need to go to the "nearest". It seem the closer you get to the port, the more expensive, but the whole system is really only a rip-off for the French vets. We used the one in Rue, on our way back as being very convenient and reasonable.

Upvote 0

GaryW

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
Fleetwood, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
We always use one in Pontorson, Its right in the centre of town, speak English and costs about 30 euros. Cant think of the name right now though sorry.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
We've just returned and used the vet in St Valery en Caux. Appointment is necessary but we went in at 9am and booked for 11am.

The vet spoke good English and handled our nervous dog very well. €43 for collie size dog.

Parking large MH outside is difficult but easy 10 min walk from the large Aire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Suggest that you take a peek at Broken Link Removed and type in "veterinaire" for "quoi" and wherever you want to be for "ou".

Upvote 0

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Check this link out:

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/PETS-travel-scheme/vets-in-france-spain-uk

I usually cross into Cherbourg and can highly recommend the one in Cherbourg (2nd one) near the harbour. Use the big, free unofficial Aire at "Cite de la Mer" exhibition/museum which overlooks the harbour and is very safe. You can walk pooch to the vets from there. You can spend the night nice and close to the ferry terminal.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
but the whole system is really only a rip-off for the French vets.

Not their fault. Not even the EUs fault.

The whole tapeworm treatment thing is a specific requirement of DEFRA. Nobody else can be blamed.

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I have vet POI's on my TomTom but can't recall where I downloaded them from.Possibly some one will steer you in the right direction.

Upvote 0

Ratchet

Free Member
Sep 5, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I realise that my reply is far to late to be of any benefit to the OP, but it may help others in the future.

We used to live about 40 miles South of MSM - the local vet was very good and spoke fluent English.

Groupe Veterinaire Des Trois Clochers
27 Avenue De Normandie (opposite the Super U)
35420 Louvigne Du Desert

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back