Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Travelling up from Portugal and heading East towards Santander along the coast.
As the regs regarding the pet passport have been relaxed to 1 to 5 days for treatment, we can have the Dog treated well before Santander.
? Can anyone help with a Vet along this route.

We are sailing Portsmouth/Santander 1st Feb can anyone help with a Hypermarket in Santander to get essential supplies.

Thanks

Malc & Chris

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, you need the clinic veterinaria la barquera c/almirante bonifaz,1.san vicente de la barquera cantarbria. tel942-712147
open 10,30 -1,30.and 4.00till7,30. ask for ines .
ines speaks really good english .
coming from the west its just before the first bridge turn left and left again.
if heading west as you leave san vicente you see it up on the hill to the right.
have used them for years . blackie my dog and me are well known to them there.
tell her alan and blackie are ok from cornwall.

as for hyper market look for the lidl ,carrefore and aldi etc in torrelavega. its straight through the town if going east .close to a main big dual carriage way . lots of parking by the aldi. use it alot . you have loads of super markets together , not the speed one as you enter from the west . i,m sure someone will tell you .its also by a big daf truck garage .
we use it alot .and somtime park at tagle to the left of suances . right out on the coast . lovely beach .park part way upthe carpark .by the picnic area and water tap. again not far from santander .
lots of nice places along that coast line . you need a cepsa map it shows all the beaches for future referance. at san vicente we park up the n634 near km 270 go off behing the garage to the crematorium . lovely car park .nice views and only the ghosts at night ,hee hee.
as for santander you need to be out near the airport for the commercial center. might have to bounce a kerb to get in the carpark . santander is a bit busy in the city .ask on the boat or at the port for street maps guides of santander and the area.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
does this mean you need to have your dog checked before you return to the uk or am i reading this wrong if our dog has had all the checks and injection before we go to spain for around 2 weeks will i have to have him checked again before returning :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi yes its a worming thing . i the ideal eu every time you cross a border you should get a health sanitation stamp or inspection . nobody does only for coming here . you still need to see a vet with your dog but the window of time as changed from 48-24 hrs to 5 days and i think its that they dont do a tick spray drop thing . might have it wrong way round . but see a vet in the eu . there is a load of stuff on the web but as i,m not taking my dog this yea i havent properly looked at it all yet.

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
Just returned from Spain with my dog, who is already chipped, has a valid rabies vaccination and pet passport. Prior to leaving Benidorm I took him to the Spanish vet who gave him a good medical check to determine his fitness to travel together with a milbemax worm tablet. She signed his passport at Parts vii echinococcus treatment and at ix clinical examination. Under the new Defra regulations had to wait 24 hours for the tablet to take effect and then allowed 5 days in which to arrive in the UK. I was charged 30 euros. The dog is a border collie weighing 23.5 kg.
DFDS place a big yellow circular sticker on your windscreen stating that there is a pet on board and not to remove the sticker until you have left the docks. On passing through customs,passport control etc I was stopped by an official who asked to see the dogs pet passport and checked that all was ok.

Ian

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
does this mean you need to have your dog checked before you return to the uk or am i reading this wrong if our dog has had all the checks and injection before we go to spain for around 2 weeks will i have to have him checked again before returning :Doh:

Although the rules have been relaxed (blood test no longer needed, 6 month wait after blood test no longer needed) the Rabies jabs has to be at least 3 weeks old to get back into the UK (i.e if you had the Rabies vaccination done day before you left for a 2 week holiday, the dog would't get back into the UK) As described by Lookback, the dog (or cat) still needs a worming tablet given by the vet with signed and stamped entry in the passport. Frontline is no longer needed. You now have a bigger window of more than 24 hours, but less than 5 days to get into the UK.

OP
OP
malheg

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Entering UK

Unless your Dog is registered for the Pet passport in the UK. That is treater for Rabies, you will have to have the Dog treated for Worms at a Vet in Spain 1 to 5 days and the Pass port stamped by the Vet, or you will not get entry to the UK.

Malc

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
thanks everyone that's cleared up my enquiry so many different things to know so the best money i have ever spent was to sub on this site :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back