Vesa bracket end of bed in Mohawk (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
In my Mohawk at the end of the fixed bed there is a small enclosed shelf affair that would accommodate my small flat screen monitor the trouble is there is not enough room to lift it up to engage the Vesa plate, the plate is the type where its wider at the top and as you lower it down it gets tighter until it goes no further. Has anyone else got over this problem?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You could drill holes through the slide in plate, right opposite the back plate and screw through both leaving the screw showing.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
One of these on the wall & another on the Vesa plate on the TV?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Maybe thinking too technically, but could you hinge the bottom of the wall bracket, slide on the TV easing the top towards the wall as it slides down and allowing the TV to slide down the mount and the bottom to sit on the shelf.
A bit of very careful measuring but should be do-able
It should be secure as the TV will need lifting slightly before it can begin to swing back out to remove if needed and can't simply fall forwards.
Just an idea.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
John, not a bad idea worth exploring further for sure. The other thing I thought of doing is to grind a bit off the female bit and I wouldn't need as much distance to lift it up, I only have about 25mm to play with. I was hoping a different type of vesa plate was available to save faffing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back