Very Pleased With My Chromebook! (1 Viewer)

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
We decided, on the spur-of-the-moment, to get something to surf the net, do emails etc. Not too complicated, not too heavy or large and not too expensive.
On Sunday, went to Currys and after looking around decided on a 10" Lenovo Flex. They didn't have one in stock so we ordered one.
Back home I did some research and found the Lenovo had very poor reviews plus
a two hour battery life!!
After some more research I found that a Chromebook would suite our needs so we cancelled the order and bought an Acer Chromebook CB5 - 13" laptop, based partly on the fact it has a 14hr battery life! The Acer CB3 - 10.5" has only 5hr battery life. No contest!(y)
Bought the 13" Acer and so far we are very impressed with it. Goes straight onto the internet, no need for security bundles as Google takes care of all that at source. Can use Google Drive off line even.
Mike and Annie :cool::)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I haven't tried one but they do seem to be liked by those who have. For proper typing they should be much better than a tablet. I did try a Bluetooth keyboard with my Nexus 7 but found it very poor, but that was just because it was small and cheap I suspect!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I'm over the moon with my surface pro 3 and having the option with onboard keyboard or detachable keyboard is great (y) The pen also writes like a normal pen unlike the elite pad i had.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
I haven't tried one but they do seem to be liked by those who have. For proper typing they should be much better than a tablet. I did try a Bluetooth keyboard with my Nexus 7 but found it very poor, but that was just because it was small and cheap I suspect!
Love my nexus 7 and interestingly had problems with a 'plug in' keyboard. Probably cos it was eBay China...

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back