Very nice motorhome for sale on ebay...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bryan, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

>Click here to see the advert<

Only 28 feet long and hardly run in at 18,600 miles...absolute bargain for somebody*

(*but then I would say that....as I'm selling it
    :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:)

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Very nice Bryan, so what next? A small economical Eurovan? at least with a drop down bed you wouldn't have to make it up every night.
    good luck with the sale looks a really nice van, great for site sitting in.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

3. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

Hi Roger,

No need to make a bed up every night in this van either (did you miss the fixed bed in the rear? :Wink:)

The rock-and-roll sofa is the 'spare' bed.

One unusual thing about this motorhome is that it has more than enough seatbelts for the berths...some motorhomes are classed as 4/6 berths but don't have enough seatbelts for that many passengers.

This motorhome has 7 seatbelts so can easily take more passengers than most other vehicles.

4. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

OUR 23'9" Winnebago Aspect will be joining the ebay listing

Like you Bryan, our RV is going up for sale as soon as we come back to the UK from France.

We are going for a Toy Hauler.

Our Winnebago like your RV is fully loaded with slide out and yes the same 7 seat belts... at 18k miles it is hardly run in. It is a baby at 23'9" and european size.....we are in no rush to sell it and it will go in the classifieds.. with an asking price of £32k as is.. or if need be I will take some of the 120 extra off like the new sets of front and back brake shoes, the snooper satellite system, the cb's and the macerator.. to many extra to mention... but it will all be there on ebay in a few weeks time... for s sneak via look at the red link below.. let it load... yes it was £28k when we purchased it, but we have added £14k of extras.. the vehicle is now priced way under forecourt price by about £10k.

Bob:Blush:

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Now that id love to see, a 32k Rv sell without front and rear brakes:Eeek::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

All the yanks I have had over the years ...and have had a few, May as well have been made with non for what use they were :Rofl1:.

7. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

BUTTONS............ Where are you.....dip your bread in here.....pay back time.......RVs Americans all going for CHEAP CHEAP on this thread.... even your sparring partner slobadoberbob. selling for money a lot less than your Volkswagen... maybe and only maybe.. you may like a second bus to leave on site:Wink:, not worth moving it 5 mpg:Wink:
    BUTTONS where are you:Eeek::Doh:..... as Delia Smith once said on a football ground when the opposition did not turn up! WHERE ARE YOU..
    They may say OH we are buying another RV:Wink::Wink::Rofl1::Rofl1: well you would wouldn't you.:Rofl1::Rofl1:......rats jumping / leaving a sinking ship springs to mind.:Wink::Wink::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    ....I bet they have been looking at Ice cream carts Euroboxes in secret:thumb:

8. slobadoberbob

You know Buttons will come off worse in a scrap

Buttons will come of worse in a scrap.. I suspect he is hiding:reel::reel::reel: As I say, I am not in a hurry ... it is not a forced sale.. if it goes now, then so be it.. if it is later in the year or next year so be it. I have every hope of attending Malvern and Rutland water before that and we are back here in France in September and I have laid out money on Malvern and also the September French trip so I am not rushing things. I have already spoken to VanBitz about the electrics we need on a toy hauler.. When I purchased this RV it took me nearly 2 years to find it... I have one in mind (Toy Hauler)... fortunately it is a deal that is not in a rush situation.

It is the same power unit.. 6.8 ltr V10.. new shape front Ford on an E450 chassis... the mileage and price is right for me. But I need to sell on the Winnebago I have. Unlike some who can have more than one motor home on there drive or own. I am unable to do that. So this one goes and the new replacement one comes.

I must admit I doubt I will get 14/15 MPG with a toy hauler, but I will still get a reasonable return on the fuel.

I do not know what Bryan's plans are, but he and Sue are known to change RV's ... but to the best of my knowledge he always seems to buy another RV... once you have had one you do not go back to a european motor home, well we would never do so.

Button has no fears that we would buy a VW... but I could never claim my RV could do 95 mpg..:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Those that know my RV will know it is fantastic value.... and it is european size, but with all those American goodies.. the difference between my RV and Brayns is his about 5' longer... we both have all the toys.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I looked for one, is there a picture?[STRIKE] Must be [/STRIKE] am (found it, hee hee)going blind as well as senile in my old age.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  10. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Specsavers spring to mind Roger...so I have typed this reply large letters:Wink::thumb:

11. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

Glad you found it (although as it's a double I don't know how you missed it :Rofl1:)

For anyone still playing 'hunt-the-bed' here's a proper picture :BigGrin:

[​IMG]

12. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Mmm that roofs a bit dirty innit, not very well looked after I'd say :Wink::BigGrin:

13. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

Looks like it may have been used as a full timer, notice the site(south) somewhere and how grown in it is !
    I have seen full timer MH before--worn floors/utility items---:Eeek:

14. slobadoberbob

I think you will find Bryan used it mainly in Spain

If I am not wrong it was mainly used in Spain... did see it at Lincoln the year before last and before Bryan headed back to the warmer weather with it.

The issue of buying an RV or for that matter any motor home is to establish the life of the vehicle.

I was always told an ex hire company car like Avis or Hertz was great as they were washed nearly every day (not polished) .. but were disposed of at around 9,000 miles... is that good or bad?

I cannot speak for someone who lives full time on the vehicle they have, but I know for mine it has had very few days use (living in over a year) .. may be 30 days or a maximum of 40 days... so everything gets used a lot less. it is really horses for courses. You should always look at a motor home if you can before you buy it, does not matter if it is on ebay or not.

Ask to see the service history and the bills for what has been spent on it.... in my case I have two A4 ring binders .. the big ones.. every job, every purchase (with the receipts) is recorded. Every issue as they came up and how they were sorted.. all listed. I know whoever buys my Winnebago Aspect will be able to know as much about it as I know and can look back at the £14k I have spent on it in toys and upgrades.

But the best thing is to go and see it .. look at the inside, look at the body work, look under the vehicle, check the tyres for wear and any age cracks... look at the seats, see what sort of wear there is..

If a motorhome is full timed the fridge and other appliances will have been worked more than one that is used little, that stands to reason. But if the motor home is right for you then go forward from that position.

While I note Bryan's permeant bed, it would be little good to a chap my size... OK for smaller people. But if I was going for a permeant bed it would be an East / West... I am not keen on the coffin beds .. pig to get in and out of.

We have two doubles.. and have one each... But as far as a 28' motorhome goes, Bryan's does tick the boxes:thumb: if you make allowances as needed to meet your own requirements.

Everyone has there dream motor home.. often it is a compromise.:Sad:

Anyway I suspect my winnebago Aspect would not suit all.. but I do have the European size 23'9" on my side and all the American toys and a slide out.... but we will see when we put the advert on Ebay at the end of the month.

15. joner8888

I am SO tempted:BigGrin: i got to keep talking myself out of it.
    I must not spend-i must not spend--Greek poll tomorrow--we may all be heading for ---???:Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  16. slobadoberbob

Bryan make have to take a haircut

If the Greeks go tits up then Bryan may have to take a haircut.....

Bob:Cool:

17. joner8888

Just looking through ebay at MH `s ,i have not seen one yet---A Euro MH ie ; Fiat/Pug , with slide outs.:thumb:

It would be nice to have the room with out having to go yank with big CC engines.
    :Eeek:

18. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

Interesting that you have managed to draw that conclusion :Smile:

It has never been used as a 'full-timer', the photo you refer to was taken whilst we were using it in Spain over the winter months.

I too have been in some very shabby motorhomes and I can assure any potential interested parties that this is not the case with this one :Smile:

As is clear from the photos the interior has been updated (new flooring, re-upholstered the sofa, chairs, pelmets etc. new kitchen tap, new fridge condenser...I could go on...) and as it has only been used by two adults the 'wear' is minimal.

But please, feel free to come and see it and check out it's condition. I think you'd be happy to re-evaluate your appraisal :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

I understand the 'fixed' nature of the bed may not suit you Bob but I'm pretty sure that the size of the bed would be fine, after all it is actually quite large
    :BigGrin:

oooh, can I use this on my advert as a direct quote from a fine upstanding member of our community??? :thumb::thumb::thumb::Wink::Wink::BigGrin::BigGrin::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  20. slobadoberbob

Having parked next to your motor home....

Having parked next to your motor home, I can confirm it is a fine specimen ... Also having the same engine I can confirm that is a great unit as well.

I did not know Bryan was only 5'9" tall.. must be those heels he wears that make him look taller:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

I would take an extended trip to Spain if I had the time.. I agree with Bryans remarks to that end.. it does not make it a full timer... even JIM went to Spain for a few months and no one would call him a full timer... not sure what you may call him:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

But until you go and see an RV then it is impossible to judge. I saw some real dogs (at dealers as well as private sales)... When you find the right motor home or RV you will know it is the one for you. I have seen Bryan having his electrical check done, and know he looks after his RV.. much as I do.. I have a large investment in it and you tend to look after it.

As for the engines.. I get 14 to 15 mpg, even with a trailer on the back.. I have no need to lie about it.. Yanks are not cheap to run, we all know that... no one twisted my arm to buy my baby and I think given my use it is a reasonable vehicle to use.

I am sure Bryan would echo those remarks that if you are inclined to want an RV you work out the running costs and look at the comfort etc., that we yank owners come to get very used to... and sorry to say most europeans only dream about.

Ok sitting out under the awning when it is warm and dry.. try it in a wind and pouring rain.. that is when I go inside and enjoy the creature comforts of the RV.

Bob:Cool: