Very Leaky Rimor- Advice

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by matcefai, Apr 6, 2010.

1. matcefai

matcefai Read Only Funster

Hi, I'm new to this so pls be kind. I have a 05 plate ford base rimor, europeo 5 and the rain is coming in above the cab bed and now above the bed in the back. Is this a common fault that the seals have gone? Should this be something we should have replaced every so often? Does anyone know how easy it is to replace the roof (inside) panel as it is now completly wrecked. Thanks:Sad:

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Am afraid its bad news allround.
    If its that bad,its a good chance that the framework is rotten too.
    Its not an easy job to replace a panel on the interier,and a much more dificult job to replace framework.
    Why has it gone so bad on a relatavely new motorhome???.
    If its so bad I would be looking for a good coach builder,its beyond the scope of the average D I Y handyman.
    Sorry but it doesnt sound good.:Sad:

3. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your situation regarding a leaky Rimor.
    It does sound as though the front and rear seals, or the sealant has been compromised.

Unless you are a confident DIY'er, with the right tools, sealants and access ladders, I'd have it repaired professionally. The repairers should be able to source the correct inner roof lining too. If repaired, you'll only get 12 months warranty on that repair.

Sorry that I can't be of any more help. Hopefully someone on the forum will know of a respected repairer in the Warwicks region.

Good luck with the problem.

Jock.

4. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Forgot to add, that Snowbird is absolutely right about the framework................unfortunately. :cry:

Jock.

5. SpongeBobsDad

SpongeBobsDad Read Only Funster

Hi sorry about your damp problems , it can be a nightmare trying to find were it is leaking from and without the right tools or knowledge its a job best left to the experts . :Sad:

6. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

A *lot* is good. You should be able to identify it. Terrible is a trickle that slowly rots the framework.

Are these roof-lights it's coming in by ?

7. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Our Rimor has a 5 year water ingress warranty (on the understanding that we keep the 6 monthly damp checks done) - have you checked to see if it was covered? If so and it's just gone out of warranty, you could have a claim against whoever did the last check ... just a thought.