Very excited!!!!

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by Dereckerick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Dereckerick

Dereckerick

Ive just ordered 2x100watt solar panels, already got 3x110 elecsols so this should keep me giung for a few days when we are out and about.

We've also just had the original carpet removed and the toughest lino we could find laid down, what a difference this has made, the carpet fitters weren't happy at first but they did a sterling job, even fitted metal plates around the step to stop it lifting.
    [​IMG]

Yes I know the step needs painting....

Rhino installs are fitting the panels after doing some great work last year.

Also having

External 240v
    External 12V
    BBQ point
    NASA battery monitor

The van will then have all of the bits that i have been dreaming of. We are planning a 6 week trip next summer so i thought i'd best get all of the bits done whilst I have the cash.

Hopefullly doing France-Germany-Switzland-Italy-France-Home.

Nick:thumb:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. Terry

Terry Funster

They could have mitred the cnrs for you Nick - I went over our cushion floor with vinyl plank flooring :thumb:
    terry

3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Sounds as if you are all ready to hit the road, its good when a plan comes together.

4. Dereckerick

Dereckerick

TBH the fitters had never done a motorhome and they only did these bits because I asked so I wasn't gong to complain too much. They did only charge £50 based upon the sqft but took two of them a good 3-4 hrs, they weren't expecting it to take that long so I am a happy customer, not too mention the old carpet almost walked off on its own!:Eeek:

5. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

:thumb:You should be able to do whole 6 weeks without EHU :BigGrin:
    We only have 2x110 Elecsols 2x80w panels and we never really need EHU

Mike

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

no shortage of power in the summer, winter may still be a problem but time will tell.

7. Dereckerick

Dereckerick

Im all 12 volt so hopefully i can last 3 days in the winter, tv, lights and water pump. Usually weekend bike races without EHU, other times we will have access to EHU accept when on longer tips when the motor will do its charging.

We used to be able to do a full weekend on 2x110 elecsols when they were brand new, I added the 3rd to assist with the 2kw inverter and microwave for the baby, damn thing (microwave not baby)

Fingers crossed