Very annoying

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by slobadoberbob, Oct 11, 2012.

1. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

Yet again I have wasted a morning waiting in for someone that arranged to call and look at the RV. They do not have the decency to call and say they have changed there mind or even let you know they are not coming.

It has happened now 6 times... why do people make the arrangements often on the same day and fail to come... one chap was 12 min down the road and failed to show.. not so much as sorry or anything.

Is it the times we live in I wonder? was I bought up to have respect for others? I would never dream of making an appointment and not showing up.

I was in my doctors the other day and they had on the wall that 19 hours was lost last month of doctors and nurse time where people had made an appointment and did not show..... Just do not understand it myself.

Bob:Blush:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Its a sign of the times Bob.

Loads of people fail to keep appointments with me.

Never known one fail to show up though if I have money to give them.

3. slobadoberbob

very true Chis

Very true words Chis... if someone wants money they will be on the doorstep. It annoys me that I had to move an appointment to facilitate this person to come and see the RV. The weekend was to late and they had to see it today.

Bob

4. JJ

JJ Funster

For twenty-four minutes of my time (on a quiet day) I would be inclined to go and ask him what the problem was face to face!

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Bob's promise.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. JJ

JJ Funster

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

7. clf86ha

clf86ha Funster

I feel for you, it's disrespectful and so annoying!

I'm self employed and work by appointments and average around £3K a year in wasted appointments...thats £3k of my own wages lost!

I did the same as the hospital did and placed it on a notice in my reception area and had loads of the ee, ah, that's shocking! comments about it...and mostly from those clients who were within that £3k.:Doh:

So yes I agree, you don't need to know the why they can't come, just a polite: Sorry, I'm not coming would do :Angry:

• Like Like x 1
  8. JJ

JJ Funster

Maybe they came... saw Izzy... and ran.

9. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Errr.. now theres a thought

Bob, are you SURE none of the 6 turned up, or has Izzy been snaffling herself some rather large, interesting clothing covered, dinners !! ??

10. slobadoberbob

still 7 days to go

still 7 days to go... I am making the most of them..:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Bob:Blush:

11. slobadoberbob

you know Ezzie would not hurt a fly

Oh come on you know Ezzie would not hurt a fly... you may get her nose in the crutch when you come in... but she is so benign it is unreal.

Anyway they have to ring the door bell first... just a lot of bad manners.

Bob

12. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I think thats your fault Bob as you have the price now firmly in time wasters price band

13. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

Life is full of dreamers with nothing else to do except arrange a meeting that in their mind they will soon be owning a RV or a expensive house /car ect.

They will never be able to afford one but for a short while as they talk about it and walk around it, they live that dream.
    Some will even go as far as leaving a deposit, as to belive it is still real :Eek!:

They then go home excited about being there ,but don`t think the wasted time for someone else.

In the motor trade, sales men spot them usually about 100 yds away approching ,then say " we have lost the keys for that one"

14. slobadoberbob

I cannot win

to high... to low.... to many words, to little words, not welcoming... etc. etc.,:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Bob

15. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

It's as bad as some club members who book sites here there and everywhere, and never turn up, thus doing some one else out of a pitch.

Downright shameful!

Craig

• Like Like x 4
  16. JJ

JJ Funster

So very, very much potential for grown up comedy here and yet so many Forum rules to prevent it... :Sad:

• Like Like x 4
  17. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Oh go on I dare you we could do with a lol

18. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

Timewasters don`t only get just a crotch sniffed ,they also now get all parts removed , as in the ad.:thumb:

19. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Bob, I don't think it is anything your doing or your RV or Ezzie....I would think these people make a list...2,3,4,5 motorhomes to see....ring and make arrangements to view all the vans on there list ...it's like holding / saving them....what ever motorhome that comes first that suits them:thumb:......SOD the rest of you that's waiting....why waste there time and money calling YOU to cancel the appointment ...as they won't be seeing you again:Doh: ...SELFISH and many other words I would call them.

When buying properties....some would have two three or more on the go.....and at the last minute offer a lot lower price, take it or leave it..(to all the sellers) or they walk away....then they take the best property on offer that suits...and sod the rest, sellers who thought they had sold, and are ready move booked removal :Doh:

There are some real Nasties out there...they know people will wait, as they know people want to sell there vans

Doctors......A lot chicken out....some afraid of the outcome...bury there heads in the sand.........the others there was nothing wrong with them in the first place..... :Angry:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  20. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Got to agree with part of Heyuplove, the Gizzunders, at the last moment offer a lower price than agreed on a house, we have had that, refused, then when they came back a couple of hours later, told them the house was back on the market AT a higher price, SORTED!

With Appointments, I know it's not "to View", but if we book a Tradesman, say, 10.00hrs, and by 10.15hrs he hasn't phoned, to say he's going to be late, we are on to the next joker in the Yellow pages, the Traddies that service us know this, and if late, they are on the phone! tout suis!

• Like Like x 1