Verbatim 64gb usb memory pen good price

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Stewart J, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

that is a good price for a quality usb stick thankyou:thumb:

3. DiggerJon

DiggerJon Funster

Thanks

Thanks - just ordered one!

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Thanks. Ordered a couple.

5. Terry

Terry Funster

me too --thanks
    terry

6. bashfop

bashfop Funster

No wonder I could not order one earlier, every other funster was!!:Smile:

7. UK Pete

UK Pete Read Only Funster

I get emails from them most weeks with their offers, saw this offer today then forgot all about it, read this post and went ahead and ordered one, great value if you ask me
    pete

8. pwilmo

pwilmo Funster

Ta for the info

It is a very good price !!

9. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Thanks. Order placed

10. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

Yesterday it cost me £2.99 today it cost me £14.99. All before 08:00hrs.:Rofl1:

11. Terry

Terry Funster

MY stick has arrived today and I have loaded it with 20 gb of films and it says it's full :Eeek::Angry: is this another con ? properties says 57 gb with 37 gb free space -- will be contacting supplier Monday
    terry

12. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

My two arrived separately on Wednesday and Thursday. I tried both and they worked but must admit I only transferred a couple of GB. I'll give them more of a test.

13. Terry

Terry Funster

Mine has taken about 3 hrs to transfer 20 gb of films :Eeek: must admit that they all play which is better than the 256gb ones that only played the first 7 gb :BigGrin: will see what they say :Smile: will have to search the wheelie bin for packaging :Doh:
    terry

14. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I've just tested my two, one overnight and one during today and both are OK.

When they arrived one reported a capacity of 59.5 GB and the other 57.5 GB - both close enough given the storage system overheads.

I tested by attempting to copy far more than 64 GB (same set of files in both cases) and both copied as far as the reported capacities.

So, it isn't a scam as far as I can see.

Maybe you were unlucky enough to get a duff drive, Terry, or perhaps the overheads are greater for storing video files (must admit I don't know).

15. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Graham after filling the drives have you tried playing files back ? on the Chinese ones nothing above 7.5 gb played back, simply read file error - no idea if these are the same but as said before it shows 57 ish gb -not 64 gb and at 20.5 gb drive is full :Eeek:
    I have emailed them so will see what tomorrow brings --if no joy I will go down the PAYPAL route for a refund - but I don't think it will get there :Smile:
    1 GB = 1GB no matter what format ---I don't remember who told me about dodgy ones - maybe Buttons - but when I complained last time to PP the seller gave me a full refund and sent me another drive which did not work :BigGrin:
    terry

16. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I didn't look at individual files after filling the drives, Terry, but I did with the earlier test. I've formatted them now as well so can't look :Smile:

I don't know if I have any files of more than 7.5 GB as I tend not to watch video on the laptop and most files are Open Office or photos.

17. Terry

Terry Funster

No Graham the files are not above 7.5 gb -most films are under 2 gb but anything above say 8 gb did not play back simply read corrupt file -yet if you loaded the so called CF on first it would play back :thumb: - it comes down to smart software that shows say 60 gb is there but anything above 4 x 2 gb does not play making the flash drive a 8 gb one :Smile:
    This one HAS LOADED 20.5 gb and plays it all back but is still showing 37 gb free yet it will not load simply says drive is full --hope that makes things clear --especially for you who will store photos on it -mine is simply films etc so no big deal if they are lost but pics would be a disaster if you did them as back up
    terry

18. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Sorry Terry, I misunderstood what you meant. I'll have a go at loading over 8GB and see what happens. I did just copy a film and played it back OK.

My intended use of the USB drive is file transfer rather than backup. All my important files are backed up to a network drive, three USB drives and, when we are going away, the hard drive on the Vivobook and on another USB drive. Hopefully that's enough :BigGrin:

19. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I just wrote 11.7 GB worth of files to one of the drives and tried opening a sample of different types from different folders. No problems :thumb:

20. Terry

Terry Funster

Morning Graham try loading it upto the maximum and see what works --As said mine loads and works up to 20.5 gb then says full -but still shows 37 gb available making it in effect a 21 gtb drive -not 64 gb --I have 3x 64 gb PATRIOT X-PORTER from ZOOMBITS @ £17 EACH AND THEY ALL WORK UP TO 62 GB :thumb::thumb:
    TERRY -bloody caps :BigGrin: