Verbatim 64gb usb memory pen good price (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
that is a good price for a quality usb stick thankyou:thumb:

Jan 5, 2009
Chillington Devon
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2006
No wonder I could not order one earlier, every other funster was!!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
I get emails from them most weeks with their offers, saw this offer today then forgot all about it, read this post and went ahead and ordered one, great value if you ask me
pete

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
MY stick has arrived today and I have loaded it with 20 gb of films and it says it's full :Eeek::Angry: is this another con ? properties says 57 gb with 37 gb free space -- will be contacting supplier Monday
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
MY stick has arrived today and I have loaded it with 20 gb of films and it says it's full :Eeek::Angry: is this another con ? properties says 57 gb with 37 gb free space -- will be contacting supplier Monday
terry

My two arrived separately on Wednesday and Thursday. I tried both and they worked but must admit I only transferred a couple of GB. I'll give them more of a test.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
My two arrived separately on Wednesday and Thursday. I tried both and they worked but must admit I only transferred a couple of GB. I'll give them more of a test.

Mine has taken about 3 hrs to transfer 20 gb of films :Eeek: must admit that they all play which is better than the 256gb ones that only played the first 7 gb ::bigsmile: will see what they say :Smile: will have to search the wheelie bin for packaging :Doh:
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've just tested my two, one overnight and one during today and both are OK.

When they arrived one reported a capacity of 59.5 GB and the other 57.5 GB - both close enough given the storage system overheads.

I tested by attempting to copy far more than 64 GB (same set of files in both cases) and both copied as far as the reported capacities.

So, it isn't a scam as far as I can see.

Maybe you were unlucky enough to get a duff drive, Terry, or perhaps the overheads are greater for storing video files (must admit I don't know).

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I've just tested my two, one overnight and one during today and both are OK.

When they arrived one reported a capacity of 59.5 GB and the other 57.5 GB - both close enough given the storage system overheads.

I tested by attempting to copy far more than 64 GB (same set of files in both cases) and both copied as far as the reported capacities.

So, it isn't a scam as far as I can see.

Maybe you were unlucky enough to get a duff drive, Terry, or perhaps the overheads are greater for storing video files (must admit I don't know).

Hi Graham after filling the drives have you tried playing files back ? on the Chinese ones nothing above 7.5 gb played back, simply read file error - no idea if these are the same but as said before it shows 57 ish gb -not 64 gb and at 20.5 gb drive is full :Eeek:
I have emailed them so will see what tomorrow brings --if no joy I will go down the PAYPAL route for a refund - but I don't think it will get there :Smile:
1 GB = 1GB no matter what format ---I don't remember who told me about dodgy ones - maybe Buttons - but when I complained last time to PP the seller gave me a full refund and sent me another drive which did not work ::bigsmile:
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I didn't look at individual files after filling the drives, Terry, but I did with the earlier test. I've formatted them now as well so can't look :Smile:

I don't know if I have any files of more than 7.5 GB as I tend not to watch video on the laptop and most files are Open Office or photos.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I didn't look at individual files after filling the drives, Terry, but I did with the earlier test. I've formatted them now as well so can't look :Smile:

I don't know if I have any files of more than 7.5 GB as I tend not to watch video on the laptop and most files are Open Office or photos.

No Graham the files are not above 7.5 gb -most films are under 2 gb but anything above say 8 gb did not play back simply read corrupt file -yet if you loaded the so called CF on first it would play back :thumb: - it comes down to smart software that shows say 60 gb is there but anything above 4 x 2 gb does not play making the flash drive a 8 gb one :Smile:
This one HAS LOADED 20.5 gb and plays it all back but is still showing 37 gb free yet it will not load simply says drive is full --hope that makes things clear --especially for you who will store photos on it -mine is simply films etc so no big deal if they are lost but pics would be a disaster if you did them as back up
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry Terry, I misunderstood what you meant. I'll have a go at loading over 8GB and see what happens. I did just copy a film and played it back OK.

My intended use of the USB drive is file transfer rather than backup. All my important files are backed up to a network drive, three USB drives and, when we are going away, the hard drive on the Vivobook and on another USB drive. Hopefully that's enough ::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Morning Graham try loading it upto the maximum and see what works --As said mine loads and works up to 20.5 gb then says full -but still shows 37 gb available making it in effect a 21 gtb drive -not 64 gb --I have 3x 64 gb PATRIOT X-PORTER from ZOOMBITS @ £17 EACH AND THEY ALL WORK UP TO 62 GB :thumb::thumb:
TERRY -bloody caps ::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If it didn't take so long I might try loading it again Terry ::bigsmile: So far seems so good

Agreed Graham :Smile:I must admit if my cousin did not want some films to watch I would not have loaded this-but now I have found it's only 21/22 gb drive -after paying for 64 I want a 64 :cry:::bigsmile:
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Agreed Graham :Smile:I must admit if my cousin did not want some films to watch I would not have loaded this-but now I have found it's only 21/22 gb drive -after paying for 64 I want a 64 :cry:::bigsmile:
terry

Have you tried loading it with a mix of general files rather than films Terry? It still could be overheads absorbing space.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Have you tried loading it with a mix of general files rather than films Terry? It still could be overheads absorbing space.

It's a strange one this Graham -just loaded another 6 GB of pics/general files and now it's started to load films again --up to almost 37 GB now :thumb::Smile:
terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
download and use the free utility H2testw to check whether a usb drive is fake or not. plug the drive in and run the test in the background whilst still using the computer. it writes multiple files to the drive then checks they are not corrupt all automatically.

have found several faked memory sticks with this program. each time the seller immediately refunds as they know theyre selling fake crap
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
download and use the free utility H2testw to check whether a usb drive is fake or not. plug the drive in and run the test in the background whilst still using the computer. it writes multiple files to the drive then checks they are not corrupt all automatically.

have found several faked memory sticks with this program. each time the seller immediately refunds as they know theyre selling fake crap
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml

Thanks. Test started :Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Test finished after almost 15 hours :Smile:
Warning: Only 60952 of 60953 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 3.18 MByte/s
Reading speed: 1.76 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back