Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
is it too far to travel to get to venice and\or rome and back in two weeks as we would like to go there in the summer when we are off or is it too much travelling or too expensive on fuel
thanks
paulus

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Venice is a two day drive, its around 900 miles from Calais, so that's 4 days gone, add in Rome another 350, so another day there, then a 1050 drive back to Calais, so 3 more days? That's 8 days travelling, that's how long I would take anyway, you might be quicker.

For me it's to much, I would need 3 weeks to make it worthwhile. Only you know whether it's to much.

Olley

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
just a thought
if it is two days to venice then a day to rome that is three days then of course it could be two or three? days back to calais then this would be 5/6 dsays travelling and not eight would't it?
paulus

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
last year i did croatia in just over 2 weeks
day 1 drove to dover kip then ferry in morning
day 2 calais to germany just north of stuttgart kip
day 3 drove to austria and spent 4 nights

day 8 drove to pula croatia spent 5 nights
day 14 drove to munich spent 2 nights
day drove to luxemburg 1 night
next day drove to calais 1 night at the marina then home

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
I`ve done some long trips, in the end everyone gets sick of the driving if you do too many miles per day. We are off next week for three and a half weeks through Italian Lakes to Venice, top of Croatia back through Slovenia Austria and Germany, about 2500` £450/500
fuel. One day of 350` two of about 280` the rest around 175`, I`ve done South of France two days from home (Hampshire) (on N roads) would`nt do it again, two days from Calais itself is passable if in a hurry.
To me Rome sounds just one step to far in two weeks, besides think of all the places you just fly past.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
just a thought
if it is two days to venice then a day to rome that is three days then of course it could be two or three? days back to calais then this would be 5/6 dsays travelling and not eight would't it?
paulus

Never could add up. :Blush:

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
It depends on how much time you want to spend at places. I have already started to plan a trip to Italy for next years summer trip. Remembering that this is my annual summer holiday I want to spend the majority of my time relaxing and not beating a path from one place to another. The ultimate destination is to get to the campsite at Marina de Venezia near Venice (890 miles) and to spend at least 10 nights there to enjoy sightseeing in Venice and lazing on the beach or snorkeling. So we will beat a path down there and arrive after 3 longish drives (6 hours each day). On the way back we will take things a little easier stopping off at Lake Garda, Lucerne and somewhere in France. My trip will be for a duration of 27 nights.

It is not impossible to get to Venice and Rome but you would spend more time on the road. What state would you be in when you returned to face work :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back