Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Hi folks, only 5 weeks to set off. On trip long way round to Venice. I normally stop over night on the aire on the coach park next to the ferry port. Any one have better ideas, it's 25 euros per 24hrs so not good and not cheap. Ideas please. Ta alot

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
was hoping there would be some replies to this as were also planning on going down to venice we leave dover on the 6th of may what do you mean by the long route frog ?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Which port are you looking to stay at?

S

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We stayed at Parking Alighieri at Punta Sabbioni in 2009. It's a cross between a sosta and a small campsite (has toilet block and is secured at night). About €17 per night if I remember correctly. About 1/2 hour by ferry to San Marco.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Last time we visited I got the impression that overnight stopping was permitted here between Punta Sabbioni and the beach at the mouth of the waterway. You can see a line of campers in the Google Maps pic. From what I could understand on the rules and regulations board you musn't spread out around your van. There's Streetview coverage of the parking showing quite a few campers in marked bays.

I've also seen vans parked overnight in the coach park near the ferry terminal here

On two previous occasions we've stopped at Camping Ca' Savio and cycled to the ferry terminal at Punta Sabbioni. The ferry journey's about an hour and it's all very easy, plus the campsite has access to a beach for a dip in the Adriatic after a long day spent taking in the sights.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back