Free Member
Aug 8, 2011
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
I am a newbie
Hi, I am a newbie and have found a 3 day trip to a vendange ( grape picking ) in the Loire at the beginning of October. Quite fancy it but really don't see much merit if I end up busting my tripes for johnny foreigner. Has anyone had any experience of vendange they could share with me please?

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We did this back in the eighties for a few years running. Back braking work, but the commeraderie between pickers of all nationalities is great and we were well looked after by the growers with ample food and wine provided, we had our own accomodation (the motorhome), but this can also be provided. So if you are fit enough and do not have back problems, then go for it, it is definitely an experience and one that we are pleased to have had the opportunity to do when we were younger. Money was not great, but it gave us a bit of pocket money to help us on our travels.

Is it only for three days as this doesn't seem very long. You only have to have a day or two of rain and the whole thing falls apart.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
B

bazP

Free Member
Aug 8, 2011
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
I am a newbie
Ummm thanks for that.
I think I might be a bit old and creaky !! may have second thoughts

:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Did the trip you found say you would be working all day-often they only do couple of hrs actual work on these trips-then lunch and wine tasting when the hireed help go back to work.
depends on the trip it seemed when I looked at a few this arvo.
Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back