vendange

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by bazP, Aug 16, 2011.

1. bazP

bazP Read Only Funster

Hi, I am a newbie and have found a 3 day trip to a vendange ( grape picking ) in the Loire at the beginning of October. Quite fancy it but really don't see much merit if I end up busting my tripes for johnny foreigner. Has anyone had any experience of vendange they could share with me please?

2. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

We did this back in the eighties for a few years running. Back braking work, but the commeraderie between pickers of all nationalities is great and we were well looked after by the growers with ample food and wine provided, we had our own accomodation (the motorhome), but this can also be provided. So if you are fit enough and do not have back problems, then go for it, it is definitely an experience and one that we are pleased to have had the opportunity to do when we were younger. Money was not great, but it gave us a bit of pocket money to help us on our travels.

Is it only for three days as this doesn't seem very long. You only have to have a day or two of rain and the whole thing falls apart.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Nigel and Pamala

• Like Like x 3
  3. bazP

bazP Read Only Funster

Ummm thanks for that.
    I think I might be a bit old and creaky !! may have second thoughts

:Rofl1:

4. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Did the trip you found say you would be working all day-often they only do couple of hrs actual work on these trips-then lunch and wine tasting when the hireed help go back to work.
    depends on the trip it seemed when I looked at a few this arvo.
    Mike