Vehicular voyerism and the AA? (1 Viewer)

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Voyeurism of AA mechanics eh. It doesn't appeal to me as a hobby but, if it bothers the AA, can't they just instruct them to go about their daily tasks fully clothed? :D The ugly male ones at least . . . . .

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Someone in the AA obviously doesn't want you recording their driving....
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-39999009
I think this video cam needs to be wound back a bit to find out what this user did to upset someone to this extent. Not as squeaky clean as he makes out perhaps....this is the problem with cameras they can be manipulated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Passed an AA man yesterday and he failed to salute my badge. I wish I had recorded it, not only would a copy be on its way to their HQ but all over the web.;)

Dick

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
"On the other hand, the AA said sharing footage of bad driving can have its advantages."

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
This is the bit I didn't understand

"
The motoring organisation said it was not in favour of banning dashcam use, but said the next government should consider tighter rules, like those in force in other European countries:

• In Luxembourg, dashcam use is prohibited"
So, are they for them or against them?

I think this video cam needs to be wound back a bit to find out what this user did to upset someone to this extent. Not as squeaky clean as he makes out perhaps....this is the problem with cameras they can be manipulated.

I am sure the dashcam owner was responsible in some way to what happened, not even the most stupid road rage inclined person would overtake then brake in front of you for no reason

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
This is the bit I didn't understand

"
The motoring organisation said it was not in favour of banning dashcam use, but said the next government should consider tighter rules, like those in force in other European countries:

So, are they for them or against them?

I am sure the dashcam owner was responsible in some way to what happened, not even the most stupid road rage inclined person would overtake then brake in front of you for no reason
Absolutely Allanm but this video demonstrates by withholding evidence you can strengthen your case. This driver could have done something far more dangerous but by withholding this evidence he will go unchallenged. I understand it is daft and dangerous but generally drivers don't do as this driver did without extreme provocation....

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Absolutely Allanm but this video demonstrates by withholding evidence you can strengthen your case. This driver could have done something far more dangerous but by withholding this evidence he will go unchallenged. I understand it is daft and dangerous but generally drivers don't do as this driver did without extreme provocation....

agreed we can't see all the detail, but you can see the overtaken car (BMW) flash his headlights, probably in disbelief / anger at the manoeuvre just made on him, more than enough to trigger a violent reaction in some I fear

I hardly bother to react now, even a shake of my head has caused a jamming on of the brakes from a car in front, just hope they move on quickly and don't have an accident near you to hold you up

BTW are dash cams really banned in Luxembourg?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
At my (posh, but I didn't choose it) school, the worst sin you could commit was that of "sneaking" (aka "grassing" by other folk).

A "Sneak" was considered to be the lowest of the low.

I still tend to feel that way...

Just saying

JJ :cool:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
tighter rules, like those in force in other European countries:

Absolutely no idea David, where did that come from..

Sorry Buttons, that mention was part of my general reply, it had been stated in the post above yours

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

You must live in another world.:D2 A shake of the head will induce an altercation of epic proportions in some people.

I very much doubt it. the other driver in the focus estate disappearing, then reappearing , stopped, facing the wrong way & on the wrong side of the road & then driving in to the other driver doesn't actually show him in a good light. Personally I 'd have still been beating him when the police arrived.
agreed we can't see all the detail, but you can see the overtaken car (BMW) flash his headlights, probably in disbelief / anger at the manoeuvre just made on him, more than enough to trigger a violent reaction in some I fear

I hardly bother to react now, even a shake of my head has caused a jamming on of the brakes from a car in front, just hope they move on quickly and don't have an accident near you to hold you up

BTW are dash cams really banned in Luxembourg?
Exactly , that is all it takes.Yes they are as mentioned in the article.Along with restrictions in all the other countries mentioned.

Absolutely no idea David, where did that come from..

mentioned in the article.Along with restrictions in all the other countries mentioned.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have a bit of footage where a small boy ranout in the road pushing a bike, tripped over it and feel in front of me. I stooped just before hitting him and the bike. Had I hit and injured him or worse I would be hanging off a lampost, after the courts and police had their way. Without PROOF there is NO DEFENCE. Cameras make very good evidence both for and against. It just shows what happened however bizarre or stupid it may have been.
I am keeping cameras in my car and MH. The AA should remember they are a private business owned by Centrica no a spokesman for motoring anymore. If you want to see the advantage of cameras then Youtube is excellent as the Russians on there (most) need camera evidence. Some very bizarre things happen there

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I shall be going through and staying in Luxembourg in the coming months. What do I do? Turn my dashcam off?

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Wot; no more boring the rellies with breathtaking views of mountain passes or 'going foreign'?
"Here; this is us in Lucerne.....look at the snow-capped mountains..... See how they leave their indicators on whilst overtaking?"
Hours of fun!
Will have to get the slides out again then :D2

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Agreed we can't see all the detail, but you can see the overtaken car (BMW) flash his headlights, probably in disbelief / anger at the manoeuvre just made on him, more than enough to trigger a violent reaction in some I fear

I agree David - if you study the video you will see that it is when the dashcam car driver flashes his lights that the overtaking car then brakes and stops - IMO pissed off at being flashed!!

Then to drive head on into the dashcam car was insane :mad:

However I don't agree with Mr B's suggestion that the dashcam car driver was somehow to blame!! :confused:

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Wot; no more boring the rellies with breathtaking views of mountain passes or 'going foreign'?
"Here; this is us in Lucerne.....look at the snow-capped mountains..... See how they leave their indicators on whilst overtaking?"
Hours of fun!
Will have to get the slides out again then :D2

they are only banned in Luxembourg :LOL::LOL:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
they are only banned in Luxembourg :LOL::LOL:
Don't blink as you go through there then.
Question is WHY? evidence of something would help enormously in the clear up, by the police. What if a robbery was carried out in front of the vehicle or an attack of some kind.. No, we do not want your film, and we are going to fine you 10000 euro for taking it. Mine stays on and I don't tell anyone it is there as the police would take it as evidence, chuck it or lose it, and you have nothing at all. Keep quiet and make a copy.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I had my dash cam on when our new Boxer based motorhome went to Peugeot to investigate a noise in the engine. There were two mechanics, one started the engine from cold ( in winter) then immediately red lined it at the request of the other mechanic. The one in the drivers seat, obviously not happy at what he was doing said " that's probably fu***d the turbo up now"
I showed the footage to the service manager after reviewing it the next day, one of the mechanics was sacked.
The engine was fine but I made sure they noted down in the service history what had happened, just in case.
Without the dash cam, I wouldn't have known what had happened.
But then again, what the eye doesn't see!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
One thing that did leap out at me, was the quote:
In many cases drivers are pilloried for actions that are not their fault, the AA said.

I have noticed that one can post up a video on youtube, where there is absolutely no doubt who is to blame. But then you get the youtube morons posting up things like "the highway code isn't law", "you should have known that the other driver was drunk", "you are legally allowed to ignore road signs" etc.
By the way, all of those are real responses to videos I have posted, it does concern me that such idiots could possibly hold a UK driving licence, when clearly they are demonstrating they have no right to one.

I am currently compiling a video from my latest voyage, which contained the largest quantity of people who were totally without a clue how to drive, I'll post it on youtube and wait for the muppets to post back. To be fair they only amuse me that anyone so unintelligent is able to type and breathe at the same time! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back