VEHICLE SERVICE DONE - NOW SAVING FOR THE HAB' CHECK!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by wingman, Feb 16, 2016.

1. wingman

wingman Funster

Took the MH for its first vehicle service today to the home of white stilleto's - Basildon.

Came away £385 lighter :crying: and that was with a slight discount! The service was for 2 years (or 20,000 miles) on a Peugeot 2014 Boxer type MH. Ouch!

"Sod that, I do me own" I hear the cry. I know that some don't bother, but I like to keep with the warranty and go to a main dealership. This one is the only one within miles that can cope with a 7.2m Motorhome and able NOT to cave the roof in when it goes up on the ramp!

Ok, so the service experience was good, I collected the vehicle on time and they washed it etc BUT, even spread over 2 year intervals, it's still quite a few bob.

Come Friday, I'm going up to Ipswich for the Hab Check. Similar money I guess? Better start saving!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. PeteH

PeteH Funster

If it`s question of warranty, then I guess you are properly stuffed. But most of what is done on a hab; check is feasible DIY. In my experience a "Proper" fridge exam will be an extra anyway. Along with the gas "drop test", that is pretty much all the Tech; stuff needed. The vast majority of the rest is visual. (mk1 eyeball?)

Pete

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. maison

maison Funster

Hab check for my motorhome:- £120 + VAT less 20% discount for regular customer, on Thursday this week.

Includes "free" damp check.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. countryman

countryman Funster

We take our Motorhme. Hymer B754 Tag axle for MOT and servicing to

Vehicle Surgeon Ltd
    Grundisburgh road
    Hasketon
    Woodbridge
    01473 735575
    It has a dedicated MOT and servicing building,a very good and friendly service,and price,plus the owner has got a Motorhome of his own.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. countryman

countryman Funster

We take our Motorhme. Hymer B754 Tag axle for MOT and servicing to

Vehicle Surgeon Ltd
    Grundisburgh road
    Hasketon
    Woodbridge
    01473 735575
    It has a dedicated MOT and servicing building,a very good and friendly service,and price,plus the owner has got a Motorhome of his own.

6. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Old school me......I had the oil & filter changed after 1000 miles run in on my FIAT, I am sure engineering standards are great but there are so many what ifs. I considered this, my van serial number is an early 2015 model so I am guessing the oil has already been in there in the base vehicle and lying around partly contaminated for over 6 months at least whilst the van was built on it, and if I left it for the 2 years recommended service that would make 2.5 years at least the same oil had been in there. Synthetic or not I got it changed and also any crap left in from the manufacturing process and run in too (y)

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

My ears are bleeding :whistle:

• Like Like x 1