Vehicle exicise duty

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by JohnM, Nov 11, 2012.

1. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

:cry:Just received my v11 form from dvla as this will be my first time to tax my m/h as it was taxed by the dealer when purchased from them. I have just noticed it is registered as plg and as the m/h is a hobby toscana 750elc tag the weight is 4500kg. It should be phgv. Need to take steps tomorrow to put things right. Others may want to check their V5 doc?:cry:

• Like Like x 1
  2. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

A useful reminder to all....

The dealers often cock registrations up! Our Transit had a 24 litre engine for a while!

• Like Like x 1
  3. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

As I have posted on another thread, this is still ongoing with us.

V5C arrived back from Swansea and my name was incorrectly spelled.
    Thought that I would check for other mistakes and found that my three axles had turned into two and the weight had dropped from 5000kg to 4005kg. The colour had also changed from Silver/White to Grey.

This has been ongoing since August and we still haven't had a new V5C from Swansea, despite many e-mails and a visit to our local DVLA office.

Hard luck if I am going abroad eh ! :Angry:

• Like Like x 1
  4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

And I thought it was Rolls Royce who developed the 24ltr Merlin engine, not Ford. :Doh:

• Like Like x 3
  5. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

On the subject of road tax.
    I have just signwritten a customers 17 tonne 6 wheel truck with annual mileage of 76,000. It has the Euro 5 engine and his road tax is £260 per annum. My Renault Master Euro 5 weighs 3850 kgs and I cover about 7500 miles, cost £165.
    Whoever worked out these taxation classes and weights must be without a culculator or on commission!!!!

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Got to agree there.....

my 7500kg RV costs just £165pa

my car tax is due at the end of this month.....£270 :Eeek:

damned thing 'only' cost £269 to insure.

7. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

"Road Fiendly Suspension" gets you a discount if HGV, might we worth those with air suspension looking into this.

8. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Hi there,

I am surprised that they have not asked you to present the vehicle for their inspection. I was asked to do this by the P/boro DVLA office, after contacting Swansea about details on the V5 not appertaining to the vehicle. I pointed out that their car park wasn't large enough for me to present my vehicle, and that I wasn't prepared to pay for 3 x on road parking bays. I managed to entice the inspector out to the house with the promise of coffee and biscuits. :Wink:
    Upon arrival, he took one look at the axle configuration, and immediately knew what needed to be done. All was sorted out within a few days, as was a refund of overpaid duty, and a new RFL for a PHG. Very efficient indeed. :thumb:

Good luck with your ongoing saga.

Cheers,

Jock.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

We have a little Megane runaround. 1.5 diesel turbo.

Tax £30 .

I honestly enjoy renewing it:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  10. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

£30!!!!!!:Eeek:

Are you made of money?

Our IQ is FREEEEE!!!:thumb:

• Like Like x 3
  11. algill

algill Funster

We have a diesel Peugeot 308 car - £30 tax, great.

Can't understand why our Peugeot Partner van (small) has the same engine as the car but is £215 to tax. :Sad:

Gill

• Like Like x 1
  12. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

Correct on commercial vehicles but believe me noeyt cheaper on PHGV but at £165 PA almost thats half my car tax anyway :thumb:

All the best Rick

13. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

I have all of the relevant paperwork from the manufacturer, complete with chassis numbers etc, and specification sheet with axle loads, spacing etc.
    They will have to come and visit me if it comes to that as there is no room at my local DVLA either. I believe it is closed down now anyway.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but not hopeful of an early(ish) outcome. :helpsos:

14. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Our's has closed down now too. I have to tax my Renault scenic this month - £195. Car's in today for MOT and service, new built-in double oven from Comet yesterday, house insurance December - it's never ending. Oh yes, had to get out emergency engineer yesterday for house alarm, £105.25. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ivy

15. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

• Like Like x 1
  16. steevie

steevie Funster

the reason that the post about two vehicles being different duty with same engine is probably that one is registered before 2001, and one after. After then you pay duty according to emissions. This does annoy me a bot with my vehicles, which are all older ones, but run on biodiesel that gives practically no harmful emissions, but as others have said, be thankful we can still make 2500 litres a year for our own use with out duty. Since our DVLC office moved from Leeds centre to great new place out of town with ample free parking, the service has improved dramatically aswell. you go to a primary desk first, who take all your details, then you sit and wait for a cubicle to shout for you. They have everything needed then to sort you quickly. On my last visit to change our car to invalid status, it was 25 minutes from entering to leaving. In the old one you could queue for up to three hours, and then ages at the desk. Not changing motorhomes to private heavy goods is a common oversight, and I cant believe the previous owners of ours have paid full up over the last 22yrs, but as said, this is a common thing motorhome users overlook.

17. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

update

:cry:
    :cry:update 3 calls to swansea 1' 80mile round trip to local office 1call to vosa and now been told to get m/h weighed and send everything to swasea.This bl##dy lot dont know what they are doing they are not singing of the same hyme sheet. Even offerd to take m/h to them for inspection but that would be to easy.:Angry:

18. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

Just had an e-mail from Swansea saying that they have received my info and V5C for corrections and have forwarded it to the Vehicle Customer Services section for investigation.

Great, they told me that weeks ago, so I am no further forward. :Angry:

19. algill

algill Funster

Hi. If you're referring to my post about the Peugeot car and Peugeot van, the car is 2009 and the van is 2011. Still makes no sense to me. :Doh:

Gill

20. busby

busby Funster

My new trigano in 2008 was registered as a light house vehicle, taxation zero.Busby.

• Like Like x 1