Ian Barry

Free Member
Sep 22, 2010
West Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
As per recent post my vehicle battery is also losing charge over 3 to 4 days. Does anyone know if the Bessacar E510 has a "switch" of any kind that would divert the habitatation charger from the leisure battery to the vehicle battery.

I am aware that you can connect the positives on each battery with a fused piece of cable to charge both, but I am not sure how safe this is , opinions on this would be appreciated.

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
Possible tip

As per recent post my vehicle battery is also losing charge over 3 to 4 days. Does anyone know if the Bessacar E510 has a "switch" of any kind that would divert the habitatation charger from the leisure battery to the vehicle battery.

I am aware that you can connect the positives on each battery with a fused piece of cable to charge both, but I am not sure how safe this is , opinions on this would be appreciated.

Hi Ian,
I have an E560 and on mine, when I'm on hook-up, I can select to charge the cab battery on the control panel above the habitation door.
Yours may be similar.
Hope this helps,
Martin:Smile:

OP
OP
I

Ian Barry

Free Member
Sep 22, 2010
West Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thats interesting , I thought this was for choosing which battery to power the fridge, lights etc, I will try and photograph my control unit and post it on here if I can. And have another look at the manuals !!

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Ideally, you need to find the drain. Usually, they are after market stereos, trackers and alarms. Stereos are easiest as they just need a switch on the dash (wintering switch) when not used for a long period, you can kill power to the stereo and clock. This changes a 3 week battery life to an all winter one.

Trackers are best left on, so get into the habit of hooking up for a couple of hours once a week or similar. Alarms are up to you.

OP
OP
I

Ian Barry

Free Member
Sep 22, 2010
West Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
thankyou

Thanks to kinsleyboy and rainbow chaser now sorted, used battery select and it is now charging vehicle battery ......simples. My last van had a solar panel which did both batteries at same time. even more simples.
I have disconnected Radio, thanks for the tip rainbow C. Just need to do some more investigating on where else it is draining power.

Roll on Spring
Ian
Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back