VED For 2010 (1 Viewer)

mickyb

Free Member
Mar 7, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Am I right in thinking that our wonderful Government are changing vehicle VED bands again this April ? I know it will afect those buying new vehicles (cars), does anyone know if this will affect those of us with older vans like mine a 2003 Sundance which has a maximum weight of 3400KG, it cost £185 last Year.All i can find is that some may be £30 cheaper & some dearer. My tax is due 30/04/10 so I can bet You mine will be dearer:Angry::Angry::Angry:
I think it's an outrageous green tax, I work for a large company who run a fleet of 7.5T trucks fully laden every day at a VED cost of £165 per Year. If the powers to be around the world are that worried about our planet why don't they tax every missile thats launched???

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
My understanding is that these VED rates only apply to cars and then only to those first registered after 2001.

All other vehicle classes have their own VED rates.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The GREEN TAXES being levied are an honest attempt by an honest government to preserve our environment , we should accept them without complaint :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The GREEN TAXES being levied are an honest attempt by an honest government to preserve our environment , we should accept them without complaint :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

very close.....but one error...read again slowly...

The GREEN TAXES being levied are an honest attempt by an honest government to increase their pension pot, we should accept them without complaint

honest and government should never be used in the same sentence...total contradition.

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
I read somewhere that our 'Glorious Leaders' are compiling a 'White Van' list and will soon be charging graduated VED on these as well - nice :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I read somewhere that our 'Glorious Leaders' are compiling a 'White Van' list and will soon be charging graduated VED on these as well - nice :RollEyes:

Its already here. When they bring out new emissions standards (Euro 4, Euro 5 etc) those who buy them before they become compulsory get a reduced rate of duty £125 instead of £200.

Heavier British lorries pay a lot more road tax than their foreign competitors because its a crafty stealth tax. Because the public don't pay lorry taxes directly they don't realise they pay them on the cost of the goods they buy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back