Vectra ride height

Discussion in 'Winnebago' started by Classic man, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Classic man

Classic man Read Only Funster

On my last MOT the mechanic mentioned that my MH was leaning to the left, I located the problem to one of the arms attached to the axle, this was set to match the other. Now i am finding that the ride height at the rear is too high. Can anyone direct me to a site that i my find the information for the correct setting, or can someone give me the correct setting.

1997 P42 chevy chassis with tag axle.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

simple.....put the one adjusted back to where it was and adjust the OTHER one to suit.

3. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Have you got air bags inside the FRONT springs?

Check em, good chance the one one the left has burst or is seriously underinflated.

If so, replace/reinflate and monitor and put the back back where it was.

4. Classic man

Classic man Read Only Funster

Thanks for that, my problem, i think, is that neither of the control valves are set correctly. the brackets that attatch them to the rear axle look as if they have struck something in the past and have been knocked. So i was wandering if there was a set measurement to give you the correct height as i could not trust either bracket as being in the right place. I do not have a problem with the front suspension as new air bags have been fitted, and are both holding pressure.:thumb: