LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Visited Turriff caravans to get VB air assist suspension fitted to the MoHo. Initially I was going to go for the Dunlop system but couldn't get the booking as the company I was going to use was pre booked for the dates I was available. All in in took Turriff 4 hours to fit the system and so far it has been the best upgrade that we have put on the MoHo so far. The MoHo is a lot more stable, only downside is that I am driving a bit faster as the corners are not an issue any more, no more wollowing. ;)

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Sits a lot higher in the rear now so next job is to fit comfort springs to the front. Probably go for VB comfort springs from Turriff as they did a good job on the rears.
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It does look high at the back, could it even be too high?

We have VB full rear air assist, great package, allows us to lift rear end to board Scottish ferries, or on steep entrances

Definitely think you need to lift the front or drop the back somehow (y), shame to need ramps, or can you let it down on site?

OP
OP
Lorryman100

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
It is currently sitting at 2 bar I may drop it to 1 bar but the rear end being high is perfect for us as the two single beds tilt towards the front giving us a head up position. The tilt is not that noticeable from the front lounge area so may leave it until I get the front comfort springs fitted and see how much that raises the front.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Noticed that your suspension set up is leaf Spring. Interesting as ours is the Alko torsion bar set up. What is your rear axle load limit if I may ask ? :)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I had VB fitted to our new Auto Sleeper in 2014 and our van is also high on the rear end, even on level ground we have to use ramps to level the van up.

John.

OP
OP
Lorryman100

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Dropped the air pressure to 1 bar and the MoHo is sitting a little higher than it was prior to fitting, just need to go for a drive and see if dropping the pressure by a bar will affect the body roll. Just compared pics and the rear end was always high.

Prior to fitting

Broken Link Removed

At 2 bar pressure

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries