Vauxhall Movano self build from start to finish (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Paul and welcome :thumb: did you find it worth while buying the Hobby for the parts or do you now think it better/ cheaper just to buy the parts you need ?I gave up on the caravan idea and bought all new for my last conversion :Smile:
Link Removed
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Welcome to the forum and very good job done. :thumb:

I wouldn't worry about the toilet cassette unloading from the toilet on the inside of the van. A lot of small boats (cabin cruisers) have been using this system for a while now. Easier than having to stand in the water to get at the cassette :ROFLMAO:

With the four seats you have up front I think I might have been tempted to make the bed a permanent fixture. This would have given you more under bed storage space as well, which you could have accessed from in the van or through the back doors. You could have divided it into outside stuff (b-b-q, wellies etc) and inside stuff (beer and wine for example ::bigsmile:).
I'm sure you could soon alter it if it takes your fancy.

I think the stainless table top to mount the hob and sink is a great idea and looks class.

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I think the van cramps your style. I'd like to see what you could do with an ambulance.

Completly different converting the Ambulance Brian - a lot more work involved ::bigsmile: Could have done 2 or 3 vans in the time to do 1 ambulance :winky:
terry

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Very interesting, always impressed with people who can do stuff like. Looks great.

OP
OP
Paultig

Paultig

Free Member
Mar 19, 2013
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
2 years
Terry, As for buying a caravan, it is certainly cheaper IF you use all the bits in it. I think you have to be 100% about the finished article as to whether to make do or buy new. I've got loads of bits left over which will recoup some money. You did a good job of the ambulance, i like the caravan rear end!
Knokinonabit, You must have read my mind, my next modification is a permanent rear bed, hinged ion one side to clear the isle for transporting big stuff on the odd occasion.
Hilldweller, I may consider an ambulance for that extra width, the base model would have to resemble a stock MH conversion and a caravan panel on the back end. Could leave the lights on for when i'm late for channel tunnel!
Journeyman, Thanks for the comments.
Paul.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Paul the rear was simply a 3 x 2 framework and a 10 ft x 5 ft 1.5 mm ali sheet glued to it, then a rear bumper made from timber and plastic window boards etc ::bigsmile:
Get out and enjoy your van then decide on alterations if needed or do the next one :winky: enjoy :thumb:
Terry

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
a great finished project,i like the thought that you put in every step of the way, the only piece boggled me was the electric hook up point, but i expect you had good reason for this, so now just enjoy your travels and welcome to the forum, cheers Alf:thumb:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Excellent, congratulations on your new van.

You must taken great pleasure in building and now using it.

I admire you for all the skills you have (and I have not!).

As a matter of interest was it cheaper than buying a complete second hand van?

OP
OP
Paultig

Paultig

Free Member
Mar 19, 2013
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
2 years
Alfandm, I fitted a 3 pin plug on the end of the hookup purely for convenience when connecting to the garage extension, it's not for normal use.

Cyclewalkbob, It was cheaper in respect of like for like quality, when you consider some new van conversions are touching 40k and have the same kit fitted. I wouldn't say it's the same quality build after all I'm not a pro but it's great value for money.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
The Seats ?

Hi.
We are looking at a renault Master van Mk 3,the wife has to have a comfy seat,and although i found the drivers seat not bad,when sat in it all day,i think the bones of my bum would have poked through.
Did the Kia Sedona seats fit the runners in the Vauxhall ?.Love the Kia seats,had 3 Sorento's and one Kia "Rocket", Rio Sport.Would appreciate a reply as to if they fit.
# Thanks in advance.
Tea Bag

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Great work and very informative enjoyed the read well done. Time to enjoy your work

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Well done and well written blog, my only concern is the three way fridge directly beneath an opening window but just like Craig Really Horrible on Strictly I'm being very picky now because overall its just so good:winky:.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back