Various options

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gordoncbrown, Jun 4, 2012.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Heading down to St Johns Cross soon and can't make my mind up on how to get there. We can set off at about 17:00 drive til were tired, stop and continue when rested, or do we just do a couple of hours and book into a site leaving a long drive the following day. As I type I am beginning to think the stop and rest as required option is sounding best. I enjoy driving and Caroline likes cups of tea so there would be plenty stops. What would other Funsters do? Is it worth just getting a kip in a service station or find a wild camping area( suggestions welcome).:Smile:

2. JJ

JJ Funster

When travelling from A to B... I just set off and stop when I find a good spot en route or when I start getting tired...

Sometimes this policy produces fabulous off-site parking places which get filed away for possible use in the future and at other times I have to resort to less than perfect places just to get some sleep. If emergency situations... (too tired to go much further... any place will do).. I find industrial estates to be surprising quiet and great for just getting some sleep...

...but then it would have to a special reason to get me to stay on a site at any time and an even bigger reason to get me to book it in advance...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. philw111

philw111 Funster

On long runs, I usually try to do it overnight (less traffic and other occupants are asleep :thumb:). If there are motorways involved, I plan a couple of 'A' road options at various points so I can find a lay-by to have a kip for a couple of hours, if required - don't like service stations.

Phil

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You must be pretty desperate for 5% discount.

• Like Like x 2
  5. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

as a Scotsman I have a reputation to uphold. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

We are heading to the Chunnel anyway and we are getting an awning fitted before we go. Over £200 cheaper than up here so well worth it.

Hope to get the 5% as well............:Wink:

• Like Like x 1