Vaping (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Have tried and tested a few and my personal preference is the one on the left with the glass tank.
E-cigs 001.jpg

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
(y) When I started on Ecigs Vapourizer I was using cheap ones off the market £10.00 ish, but soon found out that they leaked after a short while, and sometimes I was getting the juice in my mouth :sick:, and generally a pain to get on with and very nearly went back on the fags.

I have now settled on the one in the link below, no more leaks, no more juice in my mouth :D, adjustable to suit my needs and the juice I am using.

Broken Link Removed

So in my opinion if you are tempted to try an Ecig Vapourizer then spend a bit more on a 'good one' to give you the best chance of staying off the dreaded weed.

:D(y)
Sounds to me like you are now well and truly addicted to smoking e cigarettes. You appear to have swapped one addiction for another. Makes little sense to me but who am I to judge.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I use them and have had great success, I have a 4 year old daughter though and I never use it in front of her, thats the only thing that does worry me about them being used in public more and more is my daughter asking about them, and possibly thinking its an acceptable thing to do, the usual "why can you and everyone else suck on that but I cant" I suppose the same could be said about a lot of habits, especially the socially accepted drug taking which is alcohol consumption!

Worrying about your children and the temptations that surround them is something that will never go away ,I've done a lot of voluntary work with alcohol and drug rehabilitation in young offenders prisons , I try desparately not to dictate to people a out this stuff and I only suggest, with regards to my own children I was totally open and honest with them in regard to what my experiences with drugs and alcohol have been , I asked them to come to me to find out what the effects were as the chances are that I've already experienced that substance , when the question of cigarettes came up ,I told them that I wished I had never smoked, never started but that I'm now addicted to them , in my book hypocrisy does not work with your kids ,when you have forgotten that little white lie,they will have remembered

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Very true, as I stated in an earlier post, I have given up smoking but not given up nicotine :D
Addiction itself is not a problem, many people are addicted to various substances that are near as dammit harmless. Caffeine for example. By offering a nicotine addict a product that has all the nasties removed, it can only be a good thing.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Sounds to me like you are now well and truly addicted to smoking e cigarettes. You appear to have swapped one addiction for another. Makes little sense to me but who am I to judge.:)

No buttons what it is..

We are still addicted to the same thing. Nicotine. The difference is we are now able to manage that addiction using a near harmless method instead of something that will kill nearly half its users.

The problem with some people is they want to take that away or control it so that the addiction has to be managed using tobacco again. Have a read up about who is bankrolling the anti ecig lobbying ... The people who are set to make the most money from continuing smoking.. you might be surprised

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
No buttons what it is..

We are still addicted to the same thing. Nicotine. The difference is we are now able to manage that addiction using a near harmless method instead of something that will kill nearly half its users.

The problem with some people is they want to take that away or control it so that the addiction has to be managed using tobacco again. Have a read up about who is bankrolling the anti ecig lobbying ... The people who are set to make the most money from continuing smoking.. you might be surprised

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

Spot on!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The best law change recently was banning the sale to under 18's.

Recently i was looking for a new t!t (as Shirl calls it) and in one high street shop a couple of young lads, maybe 10 years old, where taking great pleasure in test driving as many as they could.
While it wasnt then illegal, the shop assistants should have used a little common sense and refused....which is their right of course.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I went onto e-cigars when they first came out, and they were a great help to stopping. I found it very easy after 6 months or so to give up the vaping as well. Have not smoked or vaped for nearly three years now.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I went onto e-cigars when they first came out, and they were a great help to stopping. I found it very easy after 6 months or so to give up the vaping as well. Have not smoked or vaped for nearly three years now.
Surely you can't be suggesting that these devices helped you to quit? A certain member on here will now be running around clutching his hands to his head whilst screaming "DOES NOT COMPUTE!" :rofl:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
If you want heart problems - Liver problems - breathing problems - unable to walk a few yards- would like to carry an air bottle to help you breath and shorten your life by years

Keep smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colyboy

Oooh yes, my sister had been on forced oxygen for quite some time and of course was unable to walk, confined to a wheelchair for a longish while before she popped her clogs this March.

Of course she had NEVER smoked in her entire 69 years. Just that she had breast cancer and it migrated.

My point being that we all have to die of something; I already have something else incurable; I am trying to pack in smoking right now (again), but it's bloody hard! Yesterday I got into a rage over something that last week would merely have annoyed me.

It shocked me - I have not had one of these 'red mist' rages where I really really REALLY needed to break something in temper since before I had my hysterectomy and eliminated the PMT. I had to go out of the house at great speed and walk as fast as possible away from it. Had I HAD to stay in it where the object of my annoyance (this bloke I'm married to!) I would probably have had to smash some china or something.

Has anyone else had this type of 'thing' happen to them when they packed it in?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Ah well - two of the family 'vape' - and it all smells and tastes vile - very very sweet stuff most of it, and in any case the hospital reckon the hardening of my arteries (causing intermittent claudication which is exceedingly painful) is self inflicted from the NICOTINE in all the fags I've smoked - so I'd obv have to have the completely nicotine-free ones - so by having that, would it still help with the red mist?

I have patches and a nicotine spray - you've seen em advertised on telly - vile! tastes utterly horrid until you eat something and enough of it to override it - and sort of burns your lips and mouth.

So - it's patches and me ! Patches are fine. It's just the ME part that's struggling! LOL

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
(y) Whensame. tarted on Ecigs Vapourizer I was using cheap ones off the market £10.00 ish, but soon found out that they leaked after a short while, and sometimes I was getting the juice in my mouth :sick:, and generally a pain to get on with and very nearly went back on the fags.

I have now settled on the one in the link below, no more leaks, no more juice in my mouth :D, adjustable to suit my needs and the juice I am using.

Broken Link Removed

So in my opinion if you are tempted to try an Ecig Vapourizer then spend a bit more on a 'good one' to give you the best chance of staying off the dreaded weed.

:D(y)
My experience is identical & my advice would be the same.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Ah well - two of the family 'vape' - and it all smells and tastes vile - very very sweet stuff most of it, and in any case the hospital reckon the hardening of my arteries (causing intermittent claudication which is exceedingly painful) is self inflicted from the NICOTINE in all the fags I've smoked - so I'd obv have to have the completely nicotine-free ones - so by having that, would it still help with the red mist?

I have patches and a nicotine spray - you've seen em advertised on telly - vile! tastes utterly horrid until you eat something and enough of it to override it - and sort of burns your lips and mouth.

So - it's patches and me ! Patches are fine. It's just the ME part that's struggling! LOL
It's so hard with lots of this being so new and everyone being different but my guess is that you are still getting nicotine from the patches or inhalator so it doesn't mean you can't use ecigs just that it has to be a method of cutting down and stopping. You are using nicotine to control withdrawal now what's the difference what method it comes to you in..

Of course I'm not a doctor and know nothing about you.. just adding 2 and 2 from your post

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
The best law change recently was banning the sale to under 18's.

Recently i was looking for a new t!t (as Shirl calls it) and in one high street shop a couple of young lads, maybe 10 years old, where taking great pleasure in test driving as many as they could.
While it wasnt then illegal, the shop assistants should have used a little common sense and refused....which is their right of course.

Why on earth do we call it "common sense" when it's patently obvious it's the one thing in this world that certainly an't common?

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Blowing out Vape smoke near others is the same as just sneezing on some one.

Any cough, cold or infection just piggy backs on the vapor .... Nice

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
;);)
Not correct, in fact the signs you see that state "trespassers will be prosecuted" are a nonsense.

Balderdash.....try walking on the track at any mainline railway station and see if you get prosecuted. :rolleyes:

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Blowing out Vape smoke near others is the same as just sneezing on some one.

Any cough, cold or infection just piggy backs on the vapor .... Nice

Another one that gave an opinion that has nothing to do with the OP, did you actually read the OP?

If you want to start an anti vaping thread then go ahead, stop hijacking this one!

I am not interested in your opinion on something you clearly know nothing about!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back