Vaping

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by barsteward, Oct 8, 2015.

1. barsteward

barsteward Funster

how many of you have been able to get yourself off the "dreaded weed" with e- cigarettes? I have been a heavy smoker for 40 years. I've tried the patches, I've tried the tablets.
    None worked but e-cgarettes seem to be working. Smoking is not just about nicotine its about the whole experience something in your hands...whatever...what I do believe is it is s probably the most effective way of stopping people smoking and probably more preferable than young people starting smoking. So why is Europe so intent on screwing thing up before they've had time to evaluate it.
    http://article20legalchallenge.com/
    Sorry I can't find a direct link to the new law

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

It is an interesting campaign but I was under the impression that article 20 had already been rejected by the UK parliament.. I hope so

• Like Like x 1
  3. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Got me off the fags! Chest miles better on the e cig!,

• Like Like x 5
  4. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Funster

Me too. Haven't had a "real" smoke for 6 weeks now...

• Like Like x 5
  5. bartiny

bartiny

Same here 2 1/2 years now, For me it was not about giving up nicotine, it is about 'getting my fix' in a 'safer' more socially acceptable way (unless you are Buttons of course:whistle:), plus saved me a small fortune, so all in all very happy (y)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

They didn't work for me. They just made me cough.

I think I might have been doing something wrong.:D

7. etap

etap Funster

Maybe not directly related but I gave up smoking 49 years ago when I was 24, the reason was absolute fear of lung cancer as told to me from a science technician. Lately I have heard that there are more and more cases of mouth cancer both here and abroad, what more reason do you want?
    Etap

8. laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan Funster Life Member

It's no surprise that the eu are messing around with e cigs ,you can always make your own vape juice or buy it directly from Hong Kong ,check out www.fasttech. com
    on most of the vaping sites there is instructions on how to diy, with the coils and the juice ,it can work out ultra cheap doing it that way

The problem with government is that they are loosing tax revenue to vaping ,it will be interesting to see how much, and then we can drop the bull about what happens to the tax paid on ciggys

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Funster

Worked for me. I've been off the roll ups for nearly three years now.

• Like Like x 5
  10. buttons

buttons Funster

More socially acceptable.....yeah right dream on.;):)

11. Adbt

Adbt Funster

While in the meantime if I'm in your vicinity I have to breath in your toxins from God knows what chemical concoction you are "vaping" and I unwittingly share your disgusting habit.
    Smokers should grow a set and invest in some willpower .
    Smoking / vaping you are still social lepers in my eyes .

• Like Like x 4
  12. wanderingyp

wanderingyp Funster Life Member

There is a lot of scaremongering on passive vaping. The conclusion of the following link to research is
    "In conclusion, the levels of nicotine absorbed from “passive vaping” are not only harmless but do not even produce any biological effect (not even heart rate acceleration). Considering the possibility that allowing e-cigarette use in public places may motivate smokers to switch to e-cigarette use, there is no scientific basis for any bans on e-cigarette use in public places."
    http://www.ecigarette-research.com/web/index.php/2013-04-07-09-50-07/2014/184-passive-vape

• Like Like x 4
  13. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

Rule 1

• Like Like x 6
  14. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

You sound a real bundle of fun:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 12
  15. wingman

wingman Funster

I've smoked since I had a paper round!! Naturally, I became a hopeless nicotine addict, winding up on 40/day or more. I had counselling, patches, chewing gum, acupuncture, group therapy ("Hi, I'm James and I am a smoker") the whole nine yards - all to no avail. No point in going cold turkey, throwing the fags in the bin, showing me x-rays of smoker's chests, showing me jars full of tar; it made no difference. If I didn't smoke, the sensors in my Carotid Sinus's would beg me for a hit and if they didn't get one, would stop me concentrating and give me hell!

Two years ago, the wife bought me (among other things) a kit of e-cigs for Christmas and apart from the rare 'real' fag, I've been on them ever since. Has it stopped me smoking? Nah!

Well, I'm no longer on 40/day and I feel better for not 'proper' smoking and I estimate that e-cigs are saving me £3k a year!

I use the cartridge type - not the fill up with liquid kind. I get along with them ok, but you can't beat a real fag. With e-cigs, I feel that you need a poultice on the back of your neck to get a 'hit'!

Apart from the money saving and relative health benefits, e-cigs have their advantages. No more re-decorating every few years or ash-tray breath, the car doesn't stink of fags, plus you can sneak a drag almost anywhere.

I've always got a few mains chargers on the go for my batteries and 12v car chargers for back-up.

Don't have a go at me, I know, I'm hopeless, but I'm just being honest!

BTW I hate the term vaping. Puts us in the dark alley, tin foil druggy brigade.

• Like Like x 13
  16. buttons

buttons Funster

Nice idea wanderinggyp but you know as well as I that it will never happen...smoking in public places that is......:)

17. laird of Dunstan

apart from your post not being in line with rule 1 , may I suggest that after your read rule 1 , that you then do some research into the contents of the liquid that is used in Vaping .

Reffering to people who vape as "lepers" is offensive

• Like Like x 6
  18. laird of Dunstan

I suck on my e cig all over the place , it is not illegal

• Like Like x 3
  19. wanderingyp

Buttons -You've missed the point! Not advocating smoking in public places, passive smoking IS a danger to others -you've misread the conclusion - there is no scientific basis for any bans on e-cigarette use in public places." We are talking e-cigarettes and vaping NOT cigarettes and smoking!!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  20. wanderingyp

So do I! but there are now more places banning it, I've been told to stop in stores and on aircraft and in one pub-'company policy'