Vantage Neo (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Really liked the look of the Vantage Neo at the NEC last Friday. I met a couple who had one and they were very impressed. Any feedback from owners appreciated.
Paul

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Do you mean this one

We looked at vantage and ih. There were things we liked and things we didn't with both of them. Ralph decided to pinch the things we did from both and build our own. Making sure he used top quality fixtures fittings and plenty insulation etc. We got the base vehicle loaded up with lots of extras too. It's taken him 10 months in his spare time to build. There's just the cab carpeting to do now . He's not a joiner. He's a brickie . So if your a bit handy , and have time on your hands .......
Doing it yourself you know where everything is and know it's built to last too.
In fact he bought one of those pop up electric plug sockets to put in our "Pug" and never used it . It's in a box in the back room. Which I've very nearly got back in use !
Here's a link if your interested. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/
The extra length does make a difference btw !

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hmm..bricks instead of wood...a visit to weighbridge maybe in order:)

Would like to see photos when done...bet you saved bundle's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Do you mean this one

We looked at vantage and ih. There were things we liked and things we didn't with both of them. Ralph decided to pinch the things we did from both and build our own. Making sure he used top quality fixtures fittings and plenty insulation etc. We got the base vehicle loaded up with lots of extras too. It's taken him 10 months in his spare time to build. There's just the cab carpeting to do now . He's not a joiner. He's a brickie . So if your a bit handy , and have time on your hands .......
Doing it yourself you know where everything is and know it's built to last too.
In fact he bought one of those pop up electric plug sockets to put in our "Pug" and never used it . It's in a box in the back room. Which I've very nearly got back in use !
Here's a link if your interested. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/
The extra length does make a difference btw !

Very impressive but I had better stick to one built by someone other than me!

Queenzlander

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
goldcoast australia
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Bought ours in June 2014 after reading 'Which Motorhome' road test on 15 panel van conversions. The Sol was the best of the English builds. The Neo is the same but on the slightly longer 6.3m chassis. Giving extra cupboard and bench space, and more room for the reversible seats to match the table when in place. We needed a right hand drive vehicle with the sliding door on the left as we were exporting the van back to our home in Australia. The Neo is the ideal size for us [couple] with U shape lounge that can quickly convert to a kingsize or single beds. It also small enough to fit in shipping container for export to Canada then on to Australia. After 7 months on the road and 15000 miles [25000 km] we have had nothing but joy with our purchase. Scott Naylor and the team at Vantage could not have been more helpful doing things that were extra in meeting requirements that are needed for Australia, often at no cost to us. The quality of workmanship is admired both here in Australia and in United States/Canada when we were touring. We have no hesitation in recommending the Vantage Neo.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I was impressed by the Vantage range when they first came on the market and particularly liked the idea of the pop up electric sockets. I think there are insufficient 3 pin sockets in most can kitchen areas.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have a Vantage Max, one of the first vans made by Vantage. We have had it since 2008 and it still looks great.

The build quality is really good and we still love it. We are currently thinking of changing it for a different layout due to our hobbies. However it is a hard decision and we keep thinking maybe we should just keep ours....

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It all comes down to layout, as always. If you want the huge rear lounge then the side door generally gets obstructed by a bit of the kitchen. I'm not knocking that sort of layout as clearly it is popular with a lot of folk but our Murvi has an unobstructed side door and we can sit opposite it and watch the world go by with the door open - even in this country. Other layouts feel claustrophobic compared to it. :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It all comes down to layout, as always. If you want the huge rear lounge then the side door generally gets obstructed by a bit of the kitchen. I'm not knocking that sort of layout as clearly it is popular with a lot of folk but our Murvi has an unobstructed side door and we can sit opposite it and watch the world go by with the door open - even in this country. Other layouts feel claustrophobic compared to it. :)

Bit of a waste of space though... You can still see out over a kitchen unit that only part blocks it anyway

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
You can sit and look out of the side door whilst sitting in the driver and passenger seats. You can also eat down that end as well as there is another point in the floor to put the table.

I quite like where the hob is in our Vantage as I frequently have a lovely view whilst I am cooking.

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Bought ours in June 2014 after reading 'Which Motorhome' road test on 15 panel van conversions. The Sol was the best of the English builds. The Neo is the same but on the slightly longer 6.3m chassis. Giving extra cupboard and bench space, and more room for the reversible seats to match the table when in place. We needed a right hand drive vehicle with the sliding door on the left as we were exporting the van back to our home in Australia. The Neo is the ideal size for us [couple] with U shape lounge that can quickly convert to a kingsize or single beds. It also small enough to fit in shipping container for export to Canada then on to Australia. After 7 months on the road and 15000 miles [25000 km] we have had nothing but joy with our purchase. Scott Naylor and the team at Vantage could not have been more helpful doing things that were extra in meeting requirements that are needed for Australia, often at no cost to us. The quality of workmanship is admired both here in Australia and in United States/Canada when we were touring. We have no hesitation in recommending the Vantage Neo.

Thanks for the in-depth recommendation @Queenzlander

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
You can sit and look out of the side door whilst sitting in the driver and passenger seats. You can also eat down that end as well as there is another point in the floor to put the table.

I quite like where the hob is in our Vantage as I frequently have a lovely view whilst I am cooking.

That's one thing I particularly liked the option to use front seats to enjoy the view out of the side.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We nearly bought the vantage neo but the ih 630rl just seemed slightly better for us with short legs. We love the front swivel seats but in the vantage our legs were dangling. We were also too nervous about trying to sell our old van privately, or lazy perhaps! We would definitely consider the neo in a few years because they have sorted the dangly feet problem I think. I don't think I've ever seen a bad review of Vantage. Mind you the same could be said of IH until this year but hopefully all their changes will now mean they are back to their normal high standards.
Rear lounge is lovely on chilly days for relaxing and Nick doesn't get in my way when I am doing essential cooking duties.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
That's one thing I particularly liked the option to use front seats to enjoy the view out of the side.
Yes the front seats are great for that , as we found on our recent Hebredian trip. Though we decided against fitting a table fitting there. The reason being was, we knew we'd only use that seating for a cuppa or maybe a sarni . The latest trip confirmed this.
So instead we , or should I say Ralph :blush:, fitted a flip up table to the end of the work surface. More room when cooking and somewhere to put a cuppa or plate of biscuits !
Then , because we didn't have a table fixing in the floor, he made a very handy storage space in the raised void. We use it for our dogs food bowls , lead , poo bags, treats , and dog towel.
image.png

Queenzlander

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
goldcoast australia
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
One of the reason's we chose the Neo's layout is the views with both the sliding door and the rear doors open, especially here in Australia where you can also let the air circulate thru. Photo's below from the driver's seat out the sliding door, we have put a protective covering on top of the stove splash back, which is clear glass.
P1090426.jpg
P1100533.jpg
P1100581.jpg
P1110030.jpg
P1110206.jpg
P1110219.jpg

Queenzlander

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
goldcoast australia
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
The smaller front table is ideal when one of us wants to lie in bed in the morning, and the other can get up make breakfast or read a book without waking their partner. The kitchen bench comes with a flip-up tables at both ends for more bench space if needed.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
We looked at the Vantage, not the Neo, the one with the front lounge and really liked it. We ended up buying the IH630FL. I thought the finish on the IH was better and I got a much better trade in on my previous van against the IH.

Cheers
Alan

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We also went for the IH 630RL and we do love it. A few quality issues, most have been sorted out now. We also went for a P/ex which worked out OK for us. Being able to also deal with the factory direct will be a bonus in the long run and the fact they are also going to have a showroom as well as working with a dealer will certainly be a plus!

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We also went for the IH 630RL and we do love it. A few quality issues, most have been sorted out now. We also went for a P/ex which worked out OK for us. Being able to also deal with the factory direct will be a bonus in the long run and the fact they are also going to have a showroom as well as working with a dealer will certainly be a plus! (y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
One of the reason's we chose the Neo's layout is the views with both the sliding door and the rear doors open, especially here in Australia where you can also let the air circulate thru. Photo's below from the driver's seat out the sliding door, we have put a protective covering on top of the stove splash back, which is clear glass.
View attachment 79888 View attachment 79889 View attachment 79890 View attachment 79891 View attachment 79892 View attachment 79893

Great photos,thanks for sharing @Queenzlander

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back