Vanbitz...lack of after sales support due holiday closure! (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The only answer is to switch off your business phone ,the emails will be still there when you get back

Hubby had to leave his business mobile on even when on holiday (in his contract). He used to put phone in a metal biscuit tin (still on......). We used to go to places where there was no mobile cover just for some peace and quiet.

Because I couldn't go with the family one year I was home and our home phone never stopped ringing with queries from work - stupid stuff that lots of other people could have dealt with. Once at 2 am someone asked if I knew who he was... I told him I didn't care of he was the Queen of Sheba he was making nuisance phone calls to a private residence and I would report him to the police. Unacceptable calling a private number on the middle of the night in my book.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
We purchase a suite of accessories 6 weeks ago from Vanbitz. Our Waeco reversing camera had failed. It appears that is has been affected by water ingression (rain). After trying to continue on around the Lakes District and Scotland without an operative reversing camera we have just ended our 3 month tour of the UK prematurely!! :-(

It's not Vanbitz's fault that the Waeco reversing camera failed due to water ingress, but when I needed to initiate a warranty claim I find they have closed down and are in France. There is no contingency support for customers. I am negotiating with Waeco today but they have advised me to contact the installer!! (who, incidentally, proudly offer a years extension to manufacturer's warranty...not much help if they have "gone fishing").

Not a happy camper....PM me Eddie please.

Interesting comments by a lot of people (bum lickers), however a fair number of these same people would be the first to complain (and some have in the past) if they could not get hold of a supplier, never mind for 3 weeks
Nothing wrong with eddie going on holiday, and deserved no doubt, but IMO at least a contact number should be available for customers who might require help (can't be that many needing help in 3 weeks) but up to eddie his company

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Interesting comments by a lot of people (bum lickers), however a fair number of these same people would be the first to complain (and some have in the past) if they could not get hold of a supplier, never mind for 3 weeks
Nothing wrong with eddie going on holiday, and deserved no doubt, but IMO at least a contact number should be available for customers who might require help (can't be that many needing help in 3 weeks) but up to eddie his company

We are talking about the loss of use of a reversing camera here not loss of use of the van!

I expect the posters review would say something like, do not use this company they have the effrontery to go on holiday once a year.

I have never used this company and probably never will, so I have no axe to grind.

I use Conrad Anderson if I can't do it myself. I expect that they have the cheek to go on holiday once a year as well.

:cooler:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Exactly, it is a reversing camera, not a medical life support system. I appreciate that the timing of events may have been inconvenient and frustrating to those concerned, but let's keep it in perspective, the vehicle is still operational and nobody died (to the best of my knowledge) as a result of said camera failure. We've been away and equipment such as the fridge has failed, but that didn't cause us to abort our plans, we adjusted accordingly.

Being employed in an industry which expects you to always be available, I for one would not begrudge a family taking an annual holiday. In fact, I rather admire them for doing so in the face of the modern day expectations of a business.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Right! I've read this thread through and I've come to a decision. Before I buy anything ever again I'm going to check to see if the supplier closes for holidays and if they do I am going to refuse to buy anything at all from them. The cheek of it!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Guy cuts short his holiday because of a failed reversing camera, that's his decision and we don't know all the facts, so perhaps we should cut a new poster a little slack?
As for Vanbitzs never dealt with them but the do have a good rep, however not providing some sort of service response when you go on holiday doesn't seem to me the best way to teat your existing customers. Eddie employs some staff, surely one could be left to man the phone? And offer a service response? Suppose the problem was serious enough that you couldn't use the van? I bet if that happened to most of us, waiting two or three days let alone weeks for a reply would prompt an angry post on here.
I don't believe Eddies adjoining campsite closes down, while he's away so some employees are about.

Having said that, he knows his business best, and it seems to work for him. :)

Ian

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
It will be interesting to hear what Eddie says when he gets back.

We don't know the full story so to comment is a bit premature.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
We are talking about the loss of use of a reversing camera here not loss of use of the van!

I expect the posters review would say something like, do not use this company they have the effrontery to go on holiday once a year.

I have never used this company and probably never will, so I have no axe to grind.

I use Conrad Anderson if I can't do it myself. I expect that they have the cheek to go on holiday once a year as well.

:cooler:
I agree no big deal not having a camera and wouldn't bother me one bit, and when my warranty runs out I will be using either eddie or dave who both have a excellent reputation on here but we are all different including our expectations and I was merely pointing out to those that were having a laugh at a new posters problem instead of offering advise, which to be fair in most cases they do offer excellent advise and the main reason I use the forum
Your comment regarding Conrad, does this company shut complety for 3 weeks with no means of contact, if I am right in thinking that's what happened in van bitz case ( going by what the OP suggested)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
does this company shut complety for 3 weeks with no means of contact,

It's not motorhome inductry related at all but my company is currently shut for 3 weeks with no contact as my work phone is back in the UK and I refuse to check work email while I'm away. Anyone who doesn't like it is welcome to take their business elsewhere. I know of plenty of companies that still have annual shutdowns with no service available so it really isn't all that unusual.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Speaking as one of the guilty parties, when does this thread become guilty of bullying - if it hasn't already descended to that level? Has anyone heard from the OP? Will we ever again?

It reminds me of the thread started by someone who had scraped the side of their MH and instead of replying to their idea of whether sensors could be fitted to prevent this it became a stream of suggestions on how to drive better.

What is needed is a little notice under the first message in the thread which says: "Before replying please check if what you want to say hasn't already been said by umpteen people already".

FUN folks,

IT'S FUN!
:)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Has anyone heard from the OP? Will we ever again?
@BeeSea did come back late Thursday afternoon with a good response, but unfortunately received more of the same flack. (As well as some support which is now growing [ignoring the figures from repeat posters] as a bigger percentage of Funsters have read the thread, and the replies are showing that the majority of people on FUN are considerate of others' situations.)
From their profile, BeeSea's been looking in on this thread up to yesterday evening.
Maybe it's time to put this thread to bed and read something else like @Charlie 's excellent thread
Broken Link Removed

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I've had to deal with clients who ordered all of their light fittings from an Italian supplier.
Imagine it is late July and your shop fit is due to complete hand over and open by mid August.
The clients order is delivered and you find half of them are wrong size, some are missing and some are damaged.
By the time you know what is what it is August and they shut down ALL August :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Some folks want to lighten up a bit, all this rule1 stuff , like kids at school, oo sir he's called me a name for gods sake it's only a bit of fun , that's what you all say you want , it doesn't bother me what anyone says on here , call me what you like , sticks and stones and that , and for that matter , I couldn't care less if vanbits stays closed for 3 months plenty more places to get a reversing camera £30 off eBay , but to stop your holiday because a reversing camera has stopped working just has to be laughable. Newbe or not that's what makes it seem like a wind up , the op is probably vanbits mate having a laugh.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Nope, still don't get it. :unsure:
I know I'm not so quick on the up-take, but you've lost me I'm afraid. :(
Words of one syllable please? :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some folks want to lighten up a bit, all this rule1 stuff , like kids at school, oo sir he's called me a name for gods sake it's only a bit of fun , that's what you all say you want , it doesn't bother me what anyone says on here , call me what you like , sticks and stones and that , .

If you don't want rule one then post somewhere they don't have it. Plenty of places that allow name calling.

Jim Brown
Headmaster

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you don't want rule one then post somewhere they don't have it. Plenty of places that allow name calling.

Jim Brown
Headmaster
That's not what I said, but you can't say anyone has said anything bad about this guy just a bit of harmless banter, not as bad as how he started about vanbits, and he hasn't in fact complained himself.
Would you stop your holiday if your reversing camera failed.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's not what I said, but you can't say anyone has said anything bad about this guy just a bit of harmless banter, not as bad as how he started about vanbits, and he hasn't in fact complained himself.
Would you stop your holiday if your reversing camera failed.

I would cut short my holiday if the weather was completely shite which may be nearer to the truth than a faulty reversing camera.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I've had to deal with clients who ordered all of their light fittings from an Italian supplier.
Imagine it is late July and your shop fit is due to complete hand over and open by mid August.
The clients order is delivered and you find half of them are wrong size, some are missing and some are damaged.
By the time you know what is what it is August and they shut down ALL August :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Alde UK are shut 29th July to 11th August, if you need a spare part that one of the many dealers has not got you are screwed as Sweden will not supply you even though they are open. Their market is MH's, Caravans and boats, so their UK branch shut in the middle of the season. Not a small family concern where the owner is the chief cook and bottle washer, so I have to wait until the 11th! I think I will go and lie in a dark room until then as clearly I cannot do anything without the load monitor accessory I desperately want and need!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I would cut short my holiday if the weather was completely shite which may be nearer to the truth than a faulty reversing camera.

We did that just last week. We were in the lakes as well. Weather forecast was dire so we simply came home.

What does "shite" mean :D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back