Vanbitz...lack of after sales support due holiday closure! (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
I think the OP had a lot of maturity and common sense to get home, get off the road, and shut himself inside until someone (please anyone help this poor, unfortunate, cameraless individual) comes to his dire assistance. After all he is thoughtful enough to not be on the road in a 20 something foot massive rig ( were you on the M20 recently) without a camera. Imagine if all those artic drivers hadn't a reversing camera ? .... My God, doesn't bear thinking about....
(Ps) OP, does your rig have 2 big lumps of glass on two stalks sticking out of the doors?... Go on. YouTube it... they are used for more than putting on your lipstick. !

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Jeez, give the guy a break.. so he wants his reversing camera to work as spec'd, just because some don't use a reversing camera doesn't mean that nobody should use or rely on them.

Vanbitz on holiday, fair enough, just glad it is only a camera thats got problems and not an alarm, sure he'll get a pm advising how to proceed.

OP
OP
BeeSea

BeeSea

Free Member
May 8, 2014
Congleton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
A couple of years...France/Spain/Portugal and Blighty
As rank newbies (8 weeks ownership of our Hymer and nearly 4,000 lkms. so far around the UK) we'd like to say thank you all for your input. Especially your Pythonesque "luxury" references....

[Entire para deleted!]

Unfortunately, only a few identified the elephant in the room. My iPad calendar (yes, more reliance on geek!) indicates it is in fact the 2015 year of Christ. For Christ's sake (apologies!), a multi-million pound business NOT to have after a sales support number/email/Twitter/Facebook/web-query is simply incongruous.

We have pulled up in the Midlands looking for assistance from Waeco. They can, but will bill us if it's an install error and we must then claim from Eddie. I am sure he's good for it. Our 3 month tour ends at the end of August. We head back to the Antipodeas after leaving the Hugo in storage with family till we do the EU in 2016....Eddie get's back on deck on the 17th. That boat has sailed. Yeah, sure...it's just a reversing aid. I make a point of employing every aid I can to enhance safety in my professional life (when are you next flying to Sydney?) I make no changes in my family life. I hope you get my sentiment in para three...that elusive elephant. It's 2015.

Oh, and just to correct the sleuths, it's Sunny Palm Beach, Queensland and the nationality is Mancunian! We swapped Hale for Australian Sunshine. Please don't label me/us American, or late for dinner for that matter!

Please excuse our naivety (in more ways than one).

Last edited:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Palm Beach, Queensland
I guess that puts you about an hour away from my brother who lives just outside Brisbane :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp

Well that explains it then.. ;)

Eddie is always on here answering questions and chipping in with advice. Those of us with less on our plates who hang around in forums see this and I guess there's some defensiveness and some good natured ribbing mixed in some of the replies.

But really.. you cut short a holiday because of the reversing camera!!! (sorry.. I'm just a sheep... ) :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Personally I would prefer to deal with an honest company who are brave enough to shut for a well earned break than some media savvy outfit that offers a crappy customer service number or email address.

2015 or not, we don't all need to comply with what some consider to be a need for 24/7 and 365 days a year opening times.

My firm closes over the Xmas and New year period.

As far as I am aware no one has died as a result.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'm not even checking work emails while I'm away never mind answering my phone. Anyone who can't wait until I get back can do the other thing (y)

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
As rank newbies (8 weeks ownership of our Hymer and nearly 4,000 lkms. so far around the UK) we'd like to say thank you all for your input. Especially your Pythonesque "luxury" references....

[Entire para deleted!]

Unfortunately, only a few identified the elephant in the room. My iPad calendar (yes, more reliance on geek!) indicates it is in fact the 2015 year of Christ. For Christ's sake (apologies!), a multi-million pound business NOT to have after a sales support number/email/Twitter/Facebook/web-query is simply incongruous.

We have pulled up in the Midlands looking for assistance from Waeco. They can, but will bill us if it's an install error and we must then claim from Eddie. I am sure he's good for it. Our 3 month tour ends at the end of August. We head back to the Antipodeas after leaving the Hugo in storage with family till we do the EU in 2016....Eddie get's back on deck on the 17th. That boat has sailed. Yeah, sure...it's just a reversing aid. I make a point of employing every aid I can to enhance safety in my professional life (when are you next flying to Sydney?) I make no changes in my family life. I hope you get my sentiment in para three...that elusive elephant. It's 2015.

Oh, and just to correct the sleuths, it's Sunny Palm Beach, Queensland and the nationality is Mancunian! We swapped Hale for Australian Sunshine. Please don't label me/us American, or late for dinner for that matter!

Don't look back in anger....:groan: Reversing cameras on a 747:whistle::whistle::whistle:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

[Entire para deleted!]

Brilliant! (y)(y) Thanks for responding and being so good natured about it.

Shame about the Mancunian bit though (runs and hides from Hildweller... And a few others!)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Just back from a family holiday

Would never close the family business unless in an emergency

Stayed in contact by answering emails, leaving phones on (they didn't ring anyway)............. not only does it keep customers happy it saves a pile-up of work on our return

Nothing winds customers up more than being ignored

Had a good holiday, made better knowing that problems, if any, were under control

..........that's just our way...........

(y)

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I would just send the wife out to help reverse if I had to,shame you had to cut the holiday short because of a camera

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
You have my sympathies. Its never nice when things go wrong.

But to cut short a holiday because an unessential item has failed is ..... Well sorry its just plain daft ! I mean surely someone can jump out and have a look ? Many people do not even have the luxury of a reverse camera.

I believe from my short time here on this forum that Vanbitz are a company of the highest integrity and quality so to openly complain on here on the open forum's out of order .

That said I hope you get your kit repaired ..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We have pulled up in the Midlands looking for assistance from Waeco. They can, but will bill us if it's an install error and we must then claim from Eddie. I am sure he's good for it. .

You said in your opening post that it wasn't Vanbitz's fault that the unit leaked so why are you worried about what Waeco say or do?

I would get them to fix it and get on with my tour.

It's 2015 after all and we make decisions these days.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
get one of these
Broken Link Removed
to keep you going until sorted

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We run our own business 25 yrs in January only one 2 week holiday in that tine just go for a week usually because of the business. It is unfortunate that the camera has broken down but in the scale of things not too big a problem and I feel a lot of sympathy with Eddie a lot of our friends say how nice it must be to work for yourself as you can take whatever holidays you like if only they knew!!.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Same as above, if I couldn't drive my MH without a reversing camera I would certainly think about giving up motorhoming. Never heard the like. I'm lost for words, well obviously not as I wouldn't have wrote this but you know what I mean.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back