shortfuse

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Inverness
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Went to the van yesterday to collect a box of wine and both van and the wine were missing. Some vermin had cut the bolts on the compound with an angle grinder and taken the old girl. You read about other peoples motorhomes being taken but when it happens it really knocks the wind out of your sails. A local mechanic saw some scum hanging about earlier in an old van and felt uncomfortabe about them so much so that he spent the night in his garage just up from the compound. He also took the number of their van but this has come up as not recognised on the police computer, if only he had called the police or even better one of the van owners. There were a selection of much newer vans in the compound than my old 1998 girl but the immobilizers / alarms must have kept the vermin away.
ANGRY does not even begin to descibe how I feel, still if they do get caught I suppose they will get a really strong talking to ( and another handout )

sf

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry to hear about this, particularly as you are not that far from us. I thought this sort of crime was a southern thing:Sad:

Can you post your reg and we can keep an eye out for it.

Phil

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
sorry to hear of you van going missing, good idea to post on all motorhome/caravan related forums with description and reg and any distinguishing marks you know of, you would be supprised how many folk will look out for it, also keep an eye on good old fleabay/classifieds as vans have appeared on there in the past.

I take it you have informed the police and have a crime ref number now for your insurance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi George n Kath, thats bad news, I am a bit paranoid about security at the moment, it buggers up a good hobby when your'e on edge. I have just ordered a Disklok for a bit more peace of mind.
Hope you get your mhome back ok

Larry

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
upload a picture if you got it to all forums you can sure everyone will look out for it

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
So sorry for you, as others have send give details and we will keep an eye for you.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Sad to hear that - thought that sort of things were as said before a thing more for south of the border - please post all possible details - we have just come from Shepton show and will be on the road for the next 8 to 10 weeks along with thounds of others an will keep an eye open - you never know

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to hear your bad news I bet you are livid. Hopefully someone will spot the van and report its whereabouts to the Police.

Phil

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
A local mechanic saw some scum hanging about earlier in an old van and felt uncomfortabe about them so much so that he spent the night in his garage just up from the compound. He also took the number of their van but this has come up as not recognised on the police computer

sf

Please email me or post on here the registration number. There are groups of people the switch number plates, and who knows, perhaps one of us may see it around and can report it in.

Remember just because the registration number doesnt show up on the Police National Computer doesnt mean that someone has had false plates made up.

So many motorhomes going missing recently its sad

OP
OP
S

shortfuse

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Inverness
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Many thanks for the replies----reg R114 UES , will have to get the other vans reg off the police as it was on an old envelope that they took with them , green colour old style transit I think . The police said that it was very unusual for this type of crime where we are and quite possibly the van could be anywhere even Ireland. The reg number has not shown up on any of the cameras since it was reported but a set of false plates could have been fitted ??? I'll try and post a picture when I read up how to do it. Only thing out of the ordinary about the van are two lines of decals high up either side of the van are peeling off. Only about an inch wide, full length of the van Oh and a Motorhome fun sticker front and rear window. I would love to read it was involved in a fatal accident with no other vehicles involved !!!!!!!!
regards to all sf

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
If you get a piccy posted up people going to the Lincoln show may be able to keep a look out for you. Vin number would be helpful for those looking for a 2nd hand van as we dont want any funsters inadvertantly buying a stolen one xxxx

OP
OP
S

shortfuse

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Inverness
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
VIN No ZFA23000005531954
Funny thing is after about 4 years we finally got everything in its own place and able to find things without taking the van to bits

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
sorry to read about your van I do hope you get it back soon undamaged and they catch the scum but I will not hold my breath:Eeek:

tonyony

Free Member
Sep 1, 2010
Funster No
very sorry to hear this. I'm usually quite liberal in attitude but this stuff makes me rage.....:shout::shout::Angry::Angry:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
What a shame. Everyones worst nightmare.
Hope you get it back.
( like scary Mary did on Coronation street last night , and that they had only slept in it , then delivered it back.:Doh:)

Theres some scum around isn't there?

Bev

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
one word sums it up

Bastards:Angry:

could not agree more Jim, one word sums it up, but then I never use one word when 10 will do....

Bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, and bastards - see 10.

Hope they get the van back

Bob:Sad:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
What a shame. Everyones worst nightmare.
Hope you get it back.
( like scary Mary did on Coronation street last night , and that they had only slept in it , then delivered it back.:Doh:)

Theres some scum around isn't there?

Bev

Not to detract from the serious nature of the OP about which I am really sorry but would you, like Scary Mary, walk around town with a ginger pubic hair in a little box showing it to all and sundry. It well put Rita of her G & T.

Jim
:whatthe:

OP
OP
S

shortfuse

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Inverness
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
The bit that makes the blood boil is the thought of the scum going through all the bits and pieces in the van some of which I've had for years.
sf

OP
OP
S

shortfuse

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Inverness
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Just noticed your post Jim and it would not be a pubic hair but something from the same area

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Very sorry to hear about your van hope that you get it back soon and all intact. UK law should be like some countries in Africa. Chop the hands off all the thieving barstards that get caught they wont nick anything else and it would soon cut down the crime here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back