Van Stolen

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by shortfuse, Sep 13, 2010.

1. shortfuse

shortfuse Read Only Funster

Went to the van yesterday to collect a box of wine and both van and the wine were missing. Some vermin had cut the bolts on the compound with an angle grinder and taken the old girl. You read about other peoples motorhomes being taken but when it happens it really knocks the wind out of your sails. A local mechanic saw some scum hanging about earlier in an old van and felt uncomfortabe about them so much so that he spent the night in his garage just up from the compound. He also took the number of their van but this has come up as not recognised on the police computer, if only he had called the police or even better one of the van owners. There were a selection of much newer vans in the compound than my old 1998 girl but the immobilizers / alarms must have kept the vermin away.
    ANGRY does not even begin to descibe how I feel, still if they do get caught I suppose they will get a really strong talking to ( and another handout )

sf

2. philw111

philw111 Funster

Sorry to hear about this, particularly as you are not that far from us. I thought this sort of crime was a southern thing:Sad:

Can you post your reg and we can keep an eye out for it.

Phil

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

sorry to hear of you van going missing, good idea to post on all motorhome/caravan related forums with description and reg and any distinguishing marks you know of, you would be supprised how many folk will look out for it, also keep an eye on good old fleabay/classifieds as vans have appeared on there in the past.

I take it you have informed the police and have a crime ref number now for your insurance.

4. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Hi George n Kath, thats bad news, I am a bit paranoid about security at the moment, it buggers up a good hobby when your'e on edge. I have just ordered a Disklok for a bit more peace of mind.
    Hope you get your mhome back ok

Larry

5. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

upload a picture if you got it to all forums you can sure everyone will look out for it

6. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

So sorry for you, as others have send give details and we will keep an eye for you.

7. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Sad to hear that - thought that sort of things were as said before a thing more for south of the border - please post all possible details - we have just come from Shepton show and will be on the road for the next 8 to 10 weeks along with thounds of others an will keep an eye open - you never know

8. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Sorry to hear your bad news I bet you are livid. Hopefully someone will spot the van and report its whereabouts to the Police.

Phil

9. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Bastards:Angry:

10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Hope things work out OK in the end.

Graham

11. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Please email me or post on here the registration number. There are groups of people the switch number plates, and who knows, perhaps one of us may see it around and can report it in.

Remember just because the registration number doesnt show up on the Police National Computer doesnt mean that someone has had false plates made up.

So many motorhomes going missing recently its sad

12. shortfuse

Many thanks for the replies----reg R114 UES , will have to get the other vans reg off the police as it was on an old envelope that they took with them , green colour old style transit I think . The police said that it was very unusual for this type of crime where we are and quite possibly the van could be anywhere even Ireland. The reg number has not shown up on any of the cameras since it was reported but a set of false plates could have been fitted ??? I'll try and post a picture when I read up how to do it. Only thing out of the ordinary about the van are two lines of decals high up either side of the van are peeling off. Only about an inch wide, full length of the van Oh and a Motorhome fun sticker front and rear window. I would love to read it was involved in a fatal accident with no other vehicles involved !!!!!!!!
    regards to all sf

13. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

If you get a piccy posted up people going to the Lincoln show may be able to keep a look out for you. Vin number would be helpful for those looking for a 2nd hand van as we dont want any funsters inadvertantly buying a stolen one xxxx

14. shortfuse

VIN No ZFA23000005531954
    Funny thing is after about 4 years we finally got everything in its own place and able to find things without taking the van to bits

15. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

sorry to read about your van I do hope you get it back soon undamaged and they catch the scum but I will not hold my breath:Eeek:

16. tonyony

tonyony Read Only Funster

very sorry to hear this. I'm usually quite liberal in attitude but this stuff makes me rage.....:shout::shout::Angry::Angry:

17. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

What a shame. Everyones worst nightmare.
    Hope you get it back.
    ( like scary Mary did on Coronation street last night , and that they had only slept in it , then delivered it back.:Doh:)

Theres some scum around isn't there?

Bev

18. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

one word sums it up

could not agree more Jim, one word sums it up, but then I never use one word when 10 will do....

Bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, bastards, and bastards - see 10.

Hope they get the van back

Bob:Sad:

19. madbluemad

madbluemad

Not to detract from the serious nature of the OP about which I am really sorry but would you, like Scary Mary, walk around town with a ginger pubic hair in a little box showing it to all and sundry. It well put Rita of her G & T.

Jim
    :Eek!:

20. shortfuse

The bit that makes the blood boil is the thought of the scum going through all the bits and pieces in the van some of which I've had for years.
    sf