Van Scam Update (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I had my first van conversion stolen from outside my house 25 years ago, the reason I owned it was that I worked all over the country.

9 or 10 months after being had over by insurance company, I was on way to my new site, wherever it was, can't remember. Went past secondhand car dealers, spotted a Renault metallic Blue van convertion, can't be many of them about, said nothing, next week same route, stopped at garage,
Hi there can a have a look at camper etc, dealer said "I will get the keys my friend" , no need I said, as I took out the remote fob & with a beep beep it was open, has the shower tray still got a crack on the left hand side.
Dealer then turned on me, good faith, F off, good faith, threatened me etc etc. So I calmly went down the road & called the police.

On arrival they checked my paperwork, agreed it was my van, ever though it was now a year older thanks to its new badging & number plating.

A month or so later a letter arrived from my insurance company, no further action, as dealers purchase was in good faith & he even got permission to put the correct plates on it.

You can't make this s**t up.........
and I bet he made more than you did off the issuance with lost no clams and inconvenience

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
How is it that we hardly ever get to here the outcome of these type of posts.
It would be nice to know the outcome good or bad.

Could be legal action is being taken and legal eagles have advised to refrain from discussing case with anyone until final resolution is reached as could jeopardise case?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Could be legal action is being taken and legal eagles have advised to refrain from discussing case with anyone until final resolution is reached as could jeopardise case?

That is perfectly possible but it still wouldn't stop the OP from saying that on the forum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back