Van past MOT tomorrow

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Terry, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Terry

Terry Funster

Van past MOT tomorrow :BigGrin:I have taken the van for it's MOT today and it has passed yet again :thumb: but failed :Doh::BigGrin:I apparently booked it in a day early (today) instead of tomorrow :Doh: so the tester failed it on windscreen washers blocked (harsh I know ) :Wink:But I get a new 13 mth cert in the morning :thumb:
    terry

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

If you'd taken it tomorrow would he still have failed it on the washers :Eeek:

No offence, but it always amazes me why folks don't do a simple pre MOT check.....lights, wipers, horn, washers etc.

just one blown bulb or a split wiper blade will cost you a fail ticket but a quick check, even if you cant fix it yourself, will give you chance to get it fixed before paying for a fail on top of repair costs later.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi John,:BigGrin: No it won't :thumb:He is the type of tester that would have unblocked the washer :Wink::Wink: or even changed a bulb for you or me :Smile: He could not get it in for the test until next week if it was not done today so the "fail "will suffice until the morning when it passes without going through the full test again :Smile:I think he is allowed to use his common and just see the washer working for it to pass :Smile: not the full test again.If he passed it today it would only have 12 mths on it where as it passes tomorrow with 13 mths :thumb:Now do you honestly think I would take a vehicle for it's Mot without checking the obvious :Doh::BigGrin:The test runs out on 13th of next month so I mistakenly did not realise it would have to be tested on the 14th :Smile:
    terry

4. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

John believe me mate I always check and I have had washers pack up between home and the test centre :Blush:

All the best Rick

5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

How folk ever get a bike to fail an MOT is the one that gets me ..

The MOT is very basic and checks nothing more than should be done by an owner at least once a week.. or indeed notice an issue while riding it !!

Ok ok.. Having said all that.......................

Several years ago ( and I mean several ) I rebuilt from the floor up a BSA C15.

Took it for MOT and yes, it did pass ok, but when I went to tax it in the post office I got knocked back..
    MOT aint for this bike sir

Huh ??????

Walked outside and indeed, wrong reg number

8 mile ride back over to the MOT station and I was fairly miffed
    Waved the certificate at the bloke who walked outside and said

Sorry John.. your cracking up mate.. it IS the right registration !!! Take a look ...

Talk about baffled :Eeek:

Walked round the back of the bike to get bash hate and THEN realised what had happened

Front number plate was off the old donor and rear was the correct one :Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terry

Terry Funster

:BigGrin:Reminds me of when I was 16 and my uncle used to work in S Africa,he came home and bought a house and a new Moskavitz van to use for doing the house up :Smile:After 8 mths of cursing the van every mile he drove it he came to sell it only to find it had been supplied with different numberplate's from new :BigGrin:
    terry

7. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Spooky !
    I bought a brand new moskvich van for my aerial company ( it was massively better spec'd than anything else around and way cheaper )

The firm we bought it from put the first years tax on it..
    It was not until we went to tax it the second year we found out exactly the same !!!
    Now what are the chances of that :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  8. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

That explains a lot....a little forward thinking :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  9. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Did it pass yesterday?

Or the day before?

10. Terry

Terry Funster

Yesterday :thumb: it fail the day before on blocked washer jet :Wink:because it passed yesterday it now has 13 mths test -jf it passed the day before it would only have 12 mths test :BigGrin:
    terry