Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Need two new tyres does anyone know the difference in the camper tyres apart from the extra £30 per tyre?
I can buy a higher rated van tyre for less?
Have asked the fitting companies but they don't seem to know.
I was thinking maybe a stronger radial insert as motorhomes sitting round for weeks without moving.
Need 116 weight rated can buy 120 rated at £30 cheaper per tyre.
Any advice thanks
Jim

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I'm led to believe that the camper tyres are formulated to be more suitable for standing still for long periods of time without degrading.

N

Nobody

Deleted User
I was told by a tyre garage guy what ever tyres you put on a motorhome needs to be CP rated:unsure: i didnt ask why

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Lots of us use four seasons or winter van tyres.
I believed that camper tyres have stiffer sidewalls..

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
If you use van tyres then it needs to be moved regularly to avoid wear, weakness and flat spots developing.

I have truck tyres on mine, not campers as my rear axle weight upgrade required the higher rated truck tyres as no campers available above 116 I believe in my size.

DuncanH

Free Member
Mar 10, 2015
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Since 2015
I went into this in great detail a few weeks ago as needed to buy 5 new tyres due to age. You don't "need" to buy CP tyres, C commercial tyres will do if right spec for your van but CP tyres do have more "plies" on the sidewalls to suit standing around for a long time not being moved.
I started a discussion here before I brought my tyres that you might find useful - link
I brought CP tyres.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Tyres are constructed to bear the weight of a heavy vehicle and for the specific purpose and requirements of a motor home. I handnt realised they had been built for standing in one position for periods of time. Interesting point that ! (y)(y)

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Just checked my seven year old Continental Vanco 2 rear tyres and found a four inch split along the tread. Ordered two Michelin Agilis Camping tyre from Formula One , Fitted, Balance etc £198.60

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back