Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I got a call from the Motorhomedepot agent who is advertising my van for £21995 and an agreed payment of £19000 to me, he said the agreement is halfway through its life and He will Still buy it for stock at £17500 which is up £500 since he first offered it , as a buy to sell.
I have a sneaky idea that a buyer is asking about it, and he is trying to get the extra bit for himself. AM I BEING CYNICAL? It is due for MOT this week and I will be getting that done so I can still use it. but the price I want will not drop that low or am I being unrealistic?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I thought motorhome depot were just brokers and did not have stock, just get the commission on a sale.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I'd say no you're not :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I thought motorhome depot were just brokers and did not have stock, just get the commission on a sale.
They will also buy them at knockdown prices, which always makes me think , which ones are they going to push , yours or theirs(n):(

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
With weather improving no better time to sell if it's priced right. Nothing wrong with being sceptical but realism has to be a part of it as well if you want to move on....

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Reminds me of a certain woman who had her house up for sale and she knew we were very interested in it and made up a story that another potential buyer had come to view the house and made a higher offer - to get us to up our offer, which we did, she then got slightly more than what the house was up for originally - later found out we were the only ones who had ever viewed the house - and the surprise of the story is that the woman selling the house was my own sister ! Moral of the story = never trust anyone, especially family !

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Reminds me of a certain woman who had her house up for sale and she knew we were very interested in it and made up a story that another potential buyer had come to view the house and made a higher offer - to get us to up our offer, which we did, she then got slightly more than what the house was up for originally - later found out we were the only ones who had ever viewed the house - and the surprise of the story is that the woman selling the house was my own sister ! Moral of the story = never trust anyone, especially family !
A word comes to mind sneaky .

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
I got a call from the Motorhomedepot agent who is advertising my van for £21995 and an agreed payment of £19000 to me, he said the agreement is halfway through its life and He will Still buy it for stock at £17500 which is up £500 since he first offered it , as a buy to sell.
I have a sneaky idea that a buyer is asking about it, and he is trying to get the extra bit for himself. AM I BEING CYNICAL? It is due for MOT this week and I will be getting that done so I can still use it. but the price I want will not drop that low or am I being unrealistic?
It sound like if he has interested buyer,good luck what ever you decide.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Can you give me her number just in case we ever decide to sell... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It sound like if he has interested buyer, good luck what ever you decide.

That is EXACTLY how I think it is, he has a client on the hook somewhere, they negotiate the sale and YOU do not get to see or talk to the buyer, (to find out how much they are selling it for) I think his next move is to offer a lowered price as the 'person ' has made a lower offer to them and they want me to be flexible, I would have sold it for 20-21000 with all the bits and the new MOT. A certain Hymer dealer sucked through his teeth and said £14000 trade max without looking at it. Another van the same but older sold by a dealership went for £22500. The Hymer man would only sell the new(very dear) one at the 'proper price' as they will sell anyway and will all go at that price.
Why do you think I want to get as much as mine will bring so that I can go to Germany and get a NEW one there at£14000 less than here just for RHD and an oven and it will have most of the option I want on it the UK ones are EXTRA.
Treasure Island strikes again, an I do not want to be dealer fodder here, either way selling or buying.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
How long you had it up for sale? How desperate are you for a sale? Willing to loose the sale for the sake of £1500?

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
why would you let someone make money selling something they dont own.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
How long you had it up for sale? How desperate are you for a sale? Willing to loose the sale for the sake of £1500?
It isn't just £1500 I would lose that would be on top of his £3000 commission for the sale from the sale price plus any finance deal he set up, I would lose out big time from my buying price not long ago , into his pocket. Horse trading is still alive I think and looking into the horses mouth is still applicable.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
why would you let someone make money selling something they dont own.

Many dealers will offer to sell your car or Motor Home on your behalf with a guaranteed return to you as there are many customers who would rather buy from a dealer for all the Warranty and associated benefits such as part exchange and finance.

I had as much as a third of my stock from customers who wanted more than I was prepared to pay but was happy to give them their price on a sale or return basis.

You get more money back because I don't have to tie up stocking money, better cash flow and improved profit from reduced stocking costs. No risk to the dealer if it doesn't sell, simply return the goods to the customer.

I hope this explains it........ it ain't Rocket Surgery....... Griff

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It is all about how much you have to pay to change at the end of the day, if the deal you have set up will wait then OK, if you might lose it then I would take the lower offer

I don't think the deal will be making him as much as you think, if the same MH is for sale on a dealers forecourt for £22K even they might expect to sell for £20K, your dealer I would have thought should be priced somewhere between a private sale and a dealer so around £20K maybe, with wriggle room downwards if needed

Have you put yours on here to try and sell?

I don't think the £17500 sounds too bad if it then also saves you the MOT and tax / insurance, I would expect a private sale to be an absolute minimum 10% below dealer prices and more like 20%

Just my opinion, but you did ask :)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Many dealers will offer to sell your car or Motor Home on your behalf with a guaranteed return to you as there are many customers who would rather buy from a dealer for all the Warranty and associated benefits such as part exchange and finance.

I had as much as a third of my stock from customers who wanted more than I was prepared to pay but was happy to give them their price on a sale or return basis.

You get more money back because I don't have to tie up stocking money, better cash flow and improved profit from reduced stocking costs. No risk to the dealer if it doesn't sell, simply return the goods to the customer.

I hope this explains it........ it ain't Rocket Surgery....... Griff

I know how it works, i just dont get how people think its a good idea... i recently sold my 7.5 tonner . had MHD on the phone trying to sell it for me, they didnt grasp the fact that i would rather not sell it , than give money to someone who had had no stake in the job at all... by the time you pay their fee whatever you would have got extra is gone.. i just dont see the point , other than the fact they appear to be driving prices up, which only benefits them , as anyone else is buying and selling in the same market.

Doing stuff on SOR is great if you have a plot, i have done it with bikes , but just swapping your name for someone elses on an Ebay ad and wanting 10%, not for me , id rather lose my own money and be done with it .

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I know how it works, i just dont get how people think its a good idea.

Well besides all I have posted thus far there are many who can't abide the thought of tyre-kickers coming around to pick holes / criticise in their pride and joy and then leave ridiculously low offers or possibly be taken for a ride by con-men.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Well besides all I have posted thus far there are many who can't abide the thought of tyre-kickers coming around to pick holes / criticise in their pride and joy and then leave ridiculously low offers or possibly be taken for a ride by con-men.

Fair points.. and ironically, i sell all my bikes through a trader , simply because i dont want scummers coming to my house.

I had no problem with a guy coming to look at my truck, we chatted on the phone , and did a bit of haggling , so we knew where we were, he drove 3 hours , made a stupid offer and left empty handed, next guy turned up went round it , bid me and i declined , i told him what it needed to be, and he paid and drove it home..

Trying to get people to grasp the concept of what it will cost to swap from old to new is hard work , the price doesnt matter , just the difference between the two.

It can be stressful, which is why i dont sell many things .

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Would never happen to me..... Haven't got a sister!

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Think ya self lucky mate, and after we had secured it with the highest bid we later found out via our solicitors search survey that the plans were in the pipeline for a motorway which is just down the road from us (This is the Birmingham Northern Relief Road (Toll road) ...When we suggested to this lovely lady that we may have a change of heart due to this road being in the plans she threatened us with a solicitor for messing her about - yes we are still talking about my own sister - it may be why i havent spoken to her for over 15 years - pure scum !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back